• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE Most Screwed Up Ebay Listing I've Found Yet

29 posts in this topic

Who really cares? This is no different than the many sellers on Comiclink and Pedigree who list their comics for pie in the sky BINs...some of them are active members of this Forum. I'm not sure why you're harassing this guy...just move along if you don't like the price...

Jim

I curmudgeonly agree.

Seriously 7,000 pounds though????

He could ask for 99,000 pounds. Or 15,982,734 tons, doesn't matter as it's his prerogative to set whatever BIN he wants. Silly as his price is, it's the seller's choice.

If he seriously 'does not know the value of the book' then he theoretically doesn't know what's so special about the book. But if you check his feedback there are many references to comics, cards and coins.

The fact that all of his sales are private rings another alarm bell with me, you can't see who he's ripped off and how much for.

So I don't believe for a minute that he 'doesn't know how much the book is worth', and if somebody was seriously fooked enough in the head to pull the trigger on that book genuinely not knowing what it was worth, then the way I see it is that he's a scumbag scam artist up there with the best of them.

How much will it have cost him to list at that price?

If he seriously 'does not know the value of the book' then he theoretically doesn't know what's so special about the book. But if you check his feedback there are many references to comics, cards and coins.

The fact that all of his sales are private rings another alarm bell with me, you can't see who he's ripped off and how much for.

So I don't believe for a minute that he 'doesn't know how much the book is worth', and if somebody was seriously fooked enough in the head to pull the trigger on that book genuinely not knowing what it was worth, then the way I see it is that he's a scumbag scam artist up there with the best of them.

How much will it have cost him to list at that price?

I'm not sure. And I know a lot of people list like this on different sites, but eBay is still an open market. Anybody could stumble on that book and think 'man if this thing's worth £7,000 after 10 years, how much will it be worth in another 10?' and click the BIN.

Now they'll always be £6,600 down. And the seller knows it is not worth that much, so it's a scam in it's own right. And I do think it's worth being bothered about.

I posted this in the sales general discussion, figured I'd repost it here as well.......

I sent this guy an email letting him know that GPAnalysis.com was the best place to find what this book has sold for in the past and even told him the last 2 sell prices...this is what he told me..

"Dear 2716jamesk,

its on here for an insurance quote im not looking to sell

- carr_comics"

Insurance fraud on the horizon? hm

To those people who said E-Bay is a free market. I completely agree, it's a market that bases the value of things on what people are willing to bid/pay. Thus supply/demand. However, someone simply putting an item on the bidding block because they just want to see what it's "worth" just doesn't seem right. I could care less becasue it doesn't affect me, but my guess is that the original post was to ALARM us and make light of something ridiculous.

Some of you have taken this entirely out of context. Yes the item is listed at an amount that no one will be willing and should pay. And some even went a step further and contacted the seller, you saw how much of a fool he was when he responded.

To sum it all up, it's called a joke. Quit taking things so serious and let it go. This to me what hilarious, and I hope there's more out there.

By the way, if you do hit the BIN ............. then you have to be the most uneducated comic book collector in the world... Nuff Said!

then you have to be the most uneducated comic book collector in the world... Nuff Said!

I dare you to say that to my face when I'm standing in front of my long boxes of Spawn, Dazzler, and Human Fly comics!

:sumo: