• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

59 DCs To Go.

35 posts in this topic

IAN.when you complete your DC collection thumbsup2.gif,what are you going to collect next,if any?I have to admit this is admiring ! That's the real FUN of collecting it never stops,till you want it to! grin.gif

IAN.when you complete your DC collection what are you going to collect next,if any? I have to admit this is admiring ! That's the real FUN of collecting it never stops,till you want it to!

It may never be complete. Sure I'll find the missing 58 I hope, apart from Double Action 1, assuming my missing parcel ever turns up, but those obscure giveaways, premiums, mini-comics, comics with toys or computer games, comics with DC Roleplaying games, previews, premiums, Burger King and McDonalds and Subway food-issue comics, etc etc, are never ending. I just bought an All American giveaway from the late 1930s off David T. Alexander, which no-one in the world has ever seen before, and which isn't listed in Overstreet. There's a Batman comic with Rain-Blo gum that's impossible to find.

There's the Superman/Bradman comic which was made for a special present for a boy's Birthday by DC, and which, apart from Jerome Wenker's copy, isn't in circulation AT ALL.

So it's never ending. But hopefully I can complete every DC ever actually put up for sale, but these giveaways are another matter altogether.

And as for variant covers........ Superman/Batman 1 and Batman 608, the really rare variants, are going for five hundred dollars each now and there's no way I'll pay more for one of those than I would for a missing More Fun.

I'm getting depressed.

Nothing's turning up now.

The thrill of the chase has fizzled into a wet grey rainy day of nothingness.

One parcel of 26 comics missing for over six weeks.

Now a Star Spangled War Stories 5 gone missing too in the post.

Here's the up to date main list followed by the missing stuff....

ADVENTURE COMICS (1-12 is NEW COMICS, 13-32 is NEW ADVENTURE COMICS)

17, 22, 26, 27, 70

ALL AMERICAN - 89

ALL FUNNY - 15

ANIMAL ANTICS / MOVIE TOWN ANIMAL ANTICS - 45, 49

BATMAN LEGACY Trade Paperback

THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS - 1

BUZZY - 34, 70

COMIC CAVALCADE - 15, 60

DALE EVANS COMICS - 22

A DATE WITH JUDY - 15

DETECTIVE COMICS - 2, 3, 4, 5, 27, 29

DOUBLE ACTION - 1, 2 (Number 1 is an ashcan)

FALLING IN LOVE - 39, 69, 73, 79, 80

THE FLASH Original Series - 43, 82, 97

FUNNY STUFF / DODO AND THE FROG - 27, 34, 36, 37

GIRLS LOVE STORIES - 84

GREEN LANTERN (Golden Age) - 30

HEART THROBS - 66

HERE'S HOWIE - 7, 17

HOPALONG CASSIDY - 99, 115, 129, 134

HOUSE OF MYSTERY - 17

IT'S GAMETIME - 3

LEADING COMICS (Becomes Leading Screen) - 20, 68, 77

MORE FUN - 10

MUTT AND JEFF - 2

SCRIBBLY - 1, 6, 12

SECRET HEARTS - 3

WESTERN COMICS - 37

YOUNG ROMANCE - 128

DATE WITH JUDY 54, 57

COMIC CAVALCADE 46

ALL FUNNY 11

ADVENTURES OF JERRY LEWIS 51

EVERYTHING HAPPENS TO HARVEY 6

GIRLS LOVE 11, 87

HEART THROBS 68

LEADING 31, 71

LEAVE IT TO BINKY 50

MISS BEVERLY HILLS 7

SCRIBBLY 15

SECRET HEARTS 73

STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES 5

WESTERN COMICS 49

YOUNG LOVE 52

ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET 5

ALL AMERICAN 50

I'm at the stage now when I REALLY do need help.

I'm getting depressed.

Nothing's turning up now.

Relax, man. You've already knocked almost 40 books off your list since first posting on the forums. That's pretty frikkin' good. Patience. The books are out there. It'll just take some time to find 'em.

Chris

It may never be complete. Sure I'll find the missing 58 I hope, apart from Double Action 1, assuming my missing parcel ever turns up, but those obscure giveaways, premiums, mini-comics, comics with toys or computer games, comics with DC Roleplaying games, previews, premiums, Burger King and McDonalds and Subway food-issue comics, etc etc, are never ending. I just bought an All American giveaway from the late 1930s off David T. Alexander, which no-one in the world has ever seen before, and which isn't listed in Overstreet. There's a Batman comic with Rain-Blo gum that's impossible to find.

Well, I always say that ebay is like "Grand Central Station" for collectibles. If you check it long enough, every item every made will pass through there eventually. So don't give up and I bet all the books will show up eventually, even if it takes 20 years.

I wouldn't worry too much about the variant covers because it's still the same book, just with a different cover. I think you said you are buying softcovers instead of hardcovers, so there is some "wiggle room" in your goal to have all the DCs ever published.

Do you think that when you finish your collection that you will grow tired of it quickly and then sell it? Maybe the thrill of the hunt will be gone and you will want to move on to something else? I hope you do enjoy it for at least awhile though if this does indeed happen later on.

You've already knocked almost 40 books off your list since first posting on the forums.

More like 140.

It was purely down to the forums and people like Doug Sulipa, Metarog, Timely, Allan Chao, and loads of others. All of whom came purely from posting on here. Otherwise I'd never have gotten near.

That's why I'm so sad it's now dried up.

Ian, Now u know why I insisted on shipping your 2 want list GA Flash comics AFTER the X-mas rush. Less chance of loss from Canada to UK.

Yes Allan you were right. Flash 67 and 71 isn't it, off the top of my head and without looking it up ????

Do you think that when you finish your collection that you will grow tired of it quickly and then sell it? Maybe the thrill of the hunt will be gone and you will want to move on to something else? I hope you do enjoy it for at least awhile though if this does indeed happen later on.

Oh I pray not.

Remember I've had half of them for twenty five years.