• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

59 DCs To Go.

35 posts in this topic

Nearly there, except one package of 26 comics has gone missing from Rochester, New York, and I can't bear the idea of putting 26 back on the list now it's so low.

THE 59 DC COMICS I NEED TO COMPLETE THE FULL SET

ADVENTURE COMICS (1-12 is NEW COMICS, 13-32 is NEW ADVENTURE COMICS)

17, 22, 26, 27, 70

ALL AMERICAN - 89

ALL FUNNY - 15

ANIMAL ANTICS / MOVIE TOWN ANIMAL ANTICS - 45, 49

BATMAN LEGACY Trade Paperback

THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS - 1

BUZZY - 34, 70

COMIC CAVALCADE - 15, 60

DALE EVANS COMICS - 22

A DATE WITH JUDY - 15

DETECTIVE COMICS - 2, 3, 4, 5, 27, 29

DOUBLE ACTION - 1, 2 (Number 1 is an ashcan)

FALLING IN LOVE - 39, 69, 73, 79, 80

THE FLASH Original Series - 43, 82, 97

FUNNY STUFF / DODO AND THE FROG - 27, 34, 36, 37

GIRLS LOVE STORIES - 84

GREEN LANTERN (Golden Age) - 30

HEART THROBS - 66

HERE'S HOWIE - 7, 17

HOPALONG CASSIDY - 99, 115, 129, 134

HOUSE OF MYSTERY - 17

IT'S GAMETIME - 3

LEADING COMICS (Becomes Leading Screen) - 20, 68, 77

MORE FUN - 10

MUTT AND JEFF - 2

SCRIBBLY - 1, 6, 12

SECRET HEARTS - 3

WESTERN COMICS - 37

YOUNG ROMANCE - 128

THE TWO GREAT DC MYSTERIES

DRAGONLANCE Annual - 1 (1990 - If it exists !!!!)

TALES OF THE TEEN TITANS ANNUALS - 5 (1987 - If It Exists)

DC PROMOTIONAL AND GIVEAWAY COMICS

ANIMANIACS EMERGENCY WORLD - 1

THE AQUATEERS MEET THE SUPER FRIENDS - 1

ATARI FORCE MINI COMIC - 5

BATMAN ADVENTURES BEST WESTERN EDITION - 1

BATMAN PRELL SHAMPOO GIVEAWAY - 1

BATMAN REVELL GIVEAWAY - 1

BATMAN RAIN-BLO GUM COMIC - 1

COMIC CAVALCADE GIVEAWAY - 3

DC DIRECT SHOWCASE - 4, 5

DC HORIZONS - 2, 3, 5, 8, 12 onwards

FLASH FORCE 2000 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

FLASH TV BROCHURE GIVEAWAY - 1

FREIHOFERS COMIC BOOK - 1

HAPPY TOOTH - 1

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA MONOPOLY REPRINT - 1

KELLOGGS CINAMMON MINI BUNS SUPER HEROES - 3, 4

LOONEY TUNES CLARITIN PROMOTIONAL ISSUE - 1

LOONEY TUNES COLGATE PROMOTIONAL ISSUE - 1

LOONEY TUNES TYSONS PROMOTIONAL ISSUE - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

LIONEL PLAYWORLD DC SUPER HEROES - 4, 5, 6

MAGAZINELAND - 1

MAN OF STEEL BEST WESTERN EDITION - 1

MASK MINI-COMICS - 2, 3

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE DC PROMOTIONAL SERIES - 8, 9, 10, 11 (There are eleven and I got seven of them, but they're not all numbered.)

MICHAEL MOORCOCK'S MULTIVERSE Preview - 1

POWERPUFF GIRLS BURGER KING EDITION - 1

SHAZAM VISITS PORTLAND OREGON - 1

SUPERGEAR COMICS - 1

SUPERMAN ADVENTURES Preview - 1

SUPERMAN ADVENTURES TITUS GAME EDITION - 1

SUPERMAN AND THE GREAT CLEVELAND FIRE - 1

SUPERMAN KENNER GIVEAWAY - 3

SUPERMAN'S BUDDY - 1

SUPERMAN TIM - There are 93 and I have 21 of them

SUPERMAN & WONDER WOMAN - The Hidden Killer LANDMINES COMIC - 1

SUPERMAN GOLDEN PRESS - 1

SUPERMAN WORKBOOK - 1

SUPERMAN MAN OF STEEL SPECIAL MPI EDITION - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

SUPER POWERS COLLECTION MINI COMIC - 22

SWORDQUEST - 3

TWISTED METAL - 1

WARLORD REMCO TOY GIVEAWAY - 1

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMICS SEAL OF APPROVAL - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1944 GIVEAWAY - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1949 GIVEAWAY - 1

WORLDS FINEST BEST WESTERN EDITION - 1, 2

WORLDS GREATEST SUPERHEROES VITAMINS GIVEAWAY - 1

DC RELATED COMICS

UNCLE SAM - 3, 5, 6 (pre-Blackhawk numbering)

MILITARY COMICS - 16

HEART THROBS (Pre DC) - 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 20, 23, 24, 40, 41, 44

BTW, I was just reading OS and under Double Action it says the cover to #1 is Black and White, so that DA#1 scan you showed us was either a fake or perhaps a copy that someone decided to color in.

Timely

BTW, I was just reading OS and under Double Action it says the cover to #1 is Black and White, so that DA#1 scan you showed us was either a fake or perhaps a copy that someone decided to color in.

I don't think so.

There certainly was a black and white ashcan of Double Action Number One, and I believe Gary Colabano has it. ( But also remember that the black and white ashcan of Action Comics Number 1 is utterly different to the actual released colour cover of Action 1.)

Then there was this colour cover of Double Action 1 - obviously created to the artwork stage but probably never released, although, contrary to what was thought before, the number two issue was most CERTAINLY released for sale, and there are now quite a few more than seven copies, although I still don't have one.

The colour artwork to issue one seems to be an original but unreleased colour proof, but of course that's only my opinion and I can't prove it, even though that opinion is based on certain facts.

Ian, I just went on PGMints website and his $50,000 copy of Double Action #2 is sold. But seriously I wonder who laid down that $$$?

It wasn't fifty, it was seventy five. I cannot believe ANYONE would have bought it.

Timely

Timely.

You of all people should have known there was a black and white copy. 893naughty-thumb.gif

He may have listed it for $75K but he sold it for $50K. He must have had a 1/3 off sale. Damn I missed that day!

Who in their right mind would pay fifty thousand for a non hero book that's only of any kind of remote interest to DC completists ????

It really doeasn't make any sense to me.

For that price you can buy a fairly respectable copy of Action 1 or Detective 27 in a mid grade.

I therefore don't believe it.

One package of 26 comics has gone missing from Rochester, New York, and I can't bear the idea of putting 26 back on the list now it's so low.

Has anyone else in England ever had a parcel that was sent air mail turn up after five weeks ???

Is there still a chance or is it REALLY lost ???

I had a package from Jef Hinds turn up after four weeks, but this is longer.

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE SEND THINGS THAT ARE TRACKABLE ????????????????

[quote}Has anyone else in England ever had a parcel that was sent air mail turn up after five weeks ???

Sadly, no. But I did recently have a package of around two dozen obscure DC's sent to me from the US that I didn't order. Xmas must have come early.

I sent a package to England in July, and recieved it back this week? I had to pay an additional $23 dollars shipping, but since the item inside was worth $100 and I already got paid for it, I figured it wasn't a bad deal. Now why this buyer never picked up the item is a mystery to me. I know that this isn't the same type of situation, but it does illustrate that mail can be in limbo for an extended amount of time and still get delivered to someone confused-smiley-013.gif

One package of 26 comics has gone missing from Rochester, New York, and I can't bear the idea of putting 26 back on the list now it's so low.

Has anyone else in England ever had a parcel that was sent air mail turn up after five weeks ???

Is there still a chance or is it REALLY lost ???

I had a package from Jef Hinds turn up after four weeks, but this is longer.

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE SEND THINGS THAT ARE TRACKABLE ????????????????

I just sent a USPS International economy (ground) to Netherlands (from USA) that took 6-7 weeks 3 months ago.

He may have listed it for $75K but he sold it for $50K. He must have had a 1/3 off sale. Damn I missed that day!

Who in their right mind would pay fifty thousand for a non hero book that's only of any kind of remote interest to DC completists ????

It really doeasn't make any sense to me.

For that price you can buy a fairly respectable copy of Action 1 or Detective 27 in a mid grade.

I therefore don't believe it.

Nic Cage building a new collection

Nic Cage building a new collection

Ooooh that's a nasty nasty nasty nasty thought.

It made me realise that it only takes one insufficiently_thoughtful_person with more money than brains and any chance of me completing my DC collection affordably goes out the window.

Has ANYONE found a coverless Mutt And Jeff 2 yet, to go with my comicless cover ?????

58 to go.

After spending sixteen hours wading through so much relisted stuff on e-bay that didn't sell the first time around, I couldn't find one single comic off my wants list on there.

I'm drowning.

Help......

Hel....glug...glug...glug.......

There are far less items listed on ebay at this time of year

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Andy !!!!!!

Have you SEEN it lately ????????

After yesterday's hotchpotch of fifty thousand comics being added, your market slump has probably arrived.

If SOOOOOOO many people put up SOOOOOO much stuff, most of it has as much chance of selling as I have of completing my collection by tomorrow morning.

I mean.... FOUR copies of the Big All American Comic Book ?????

FIVE copies of All Flash 1 ????

Nearly SIXTY More Funs.

It's just utter madness.

And most of it's been up before, didn't sell, and is now thrown at the wall again, just cos yesterday's listings were free.

Ugh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the only comic I needed (All American 89) was way too expensive, way too high grade, and about double guide.

E-bay has turned into a mess.

There are far less items listed on ebay at this time of year

And most of it's been up before, didn't sell, and is now thrown at the wall again, just cos yesterday's listings were free.

A very big Oooops there. I forgot about ebay's free listings day - but as you said, it's the same old same old - overpriced items that sellers don't expect to sell (or are even concerned about selling). Twas ever thus, anyway.

Normal service will be resumed forthwith.