• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who would I need to contact??

24 posts in this topic

I submitted 13 books to CGC last month (11 moderns on the modern tier, 'Tec 400 and Batman 171 on the Economy tier), and my card has been charged for $365.

Now with the moderns at $15 each ($165) and the other two at $30 each that gives me $225. But I had a 15% discount as the forms I used were from a registered dealer, so taking away $33.75 gives me $191.25, plus $95 shipping totals $286.25.

Have I worked this out wrong or submitted the books through the wrong tier?

So THAT's how they get their raises at CGC!

:jokealert:

No clue Boozad. Looks to me like your math is good. (shrug) I'd send an e-mail to customer service or just call CGC directly.

Thanks. I'll post in the Ask CGC forum, I know you get a response even if they don't publish the thread.

It just seemed very rough having a bill over £100 higher than last time for just two more books (shrug)

Call them if you want a faster response. They get backed up and can't get to the boards. I think my last post about file copies took about a month to get an answer. I always get wonderful service over the phone.

I've mailed them through the CGC site. Considering I'm a paid up member I'm presuming I'll get a quickish response. Calling just gets very expensive from this side of the pond!

Failing all else I'll email Eric Downton, he seems to reply pretty quickly.

I've got a feeling they may have shipped the books in two lots - the moderns and the economy. But I did specify I would like all the books shipped together, and even the extra shipping if they had done it that way would only be $60 so it still doesn't add up.

Ouch. I had the same problem... It is because they will refuse to send your books back together because the tiers are mixed. They will mail back the moderns and the economy books separately and bill you at least $60 for each shipment. They did that to me last year and I no longer submit directly to CGC because of it.

I've got a feeling they may have shipped the books in two lots - the moderns and the economy. But I did specify I would like all the books shipped together, and even the extra shipping if they had done it that way would only be $60 so it still doesn't add up.

Simple:

Call 188-nm-comic and talk to someone there

I submitted 13 books to CGC last month (11 moderns on the modern tier, 'Tec 400 and Batman 171 on the Economy tier), and my card has been charged for $365.

Now with the moderns at $15 each ($165) and the other two at $30 each that gives me $225. But I had a 15% discount as the forms I used were from a registered dealer, so taking away $33.75 gives me $191.25, plus $95 shipping totals $286.25.

The difference was taken to subsidize submitters in lower income brackets.

:roflmao::signfunny:

I'll be awaiting my check/coupon/bailout/comic stamp/etc... :popcorn:

Simple:

Call 188-nm-comic and talk to someone there

:gossip: 1-877-NMCOMIC

Using today's examples... the overcharge will be given to people who don't submit books at all.

WOOHOOO! I can get a new submission in!

Thanks Boozad! :applause:

:acclaim:

I received an email virtually straight away asking me for an invoice number which I couldn't provide. I mailed back explaining in detail how I had submitted, through who and which books I submitted (well 12 of them anyway, I couldn't remember the 13th).

Nothing back since. :pullhair: