• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who would I need to contact??

24 posts in this topic

But I had a 15% discount as the forms I used were from a registered dealer,

Are some registered dealers still getting a 15% discount? I thought 10% was the best you could get these days.

Who has 15%?

I will gladly give up the ability to track my books for an extra 5% off.

I still have some of my old receipts with the 20% off. Ahh, the good old days.

The dealer I used in the UK had marked up the forms as 15% discount, this has been confirmed by email that the discount was actually applied to the grading tiers.

However, the additional amount I didn't expect on my bill was for shipping the books seperately. OK I understand CGC don't want to keep books on their premises any longer than they have to for insurance purposes, but I was unaware they didn't combine tiers in return shipping.

Whether I failed to notice this anywhere on the website I don't know, but I did contact CGC enquiring about shipping details. I would have thought this would have been included in the reply. Just one small line saying 'Different tiers ship seperately' doesn't take long to add. Then in the reply to my first enquiry I was told the shipping charges were:

Return shipping fees to the UK, per tier, are as follows:

$80 1-10 books, $95 11-20 books, $110 21-30 books.

I really wish that had been in the first mail.

So I understand the seperate shipping, but it's hard to swallow when 11 books cost $95 to ship (well you are charged $95, the last time the actual cost was $30 less than that), and the other two books cost a whopping $80 to ship. A total of $175 to ship 13 books.

It has priced me out of getting my books graded to be honest. I'm also not looking forward to seeing the label on the box that tells me how much it actually cost to ship. I lost $30 on shipping on my first submission already so I think this time will be considerably more.

This is not bashing CGC - I think their service is excellent and is a vital contribution to the market, I have no problem with their tier prices either (yes the new tier prices), but I really don't like losing so much money on excess shipping charges.

So that will be my final submission until shipping charges are brought more into line with actual cost. Sorry to 'all the people who don't submit books at all.' (thumbs u