• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ON THE WAY BACK FROM CGC...NICE SELECTION OF KEYS

102 posts in this topic

Another reason to not have a "pre-sale" before your subs arrive...the page quality designations recorded online might be different than the ones on the actual books. Had that happen a couple of times now, both as a submitter, and as a buyer of books just coming back.

One book was supposed to come back with White pages, came back with Off-White.

Another was supposed to be OW/W, came back as OW.

Not the seller's fault, of course, they are only going on the info provided by CGC. But if that info is wrong, you as a buyer you might be committing yourself to purchase something you may not neccessarily want, or pay a premium for a book that may not warrant it.

This is true. It's happened to me before. I once had a TTA #27 come back labeled as a TOS #27...I'm just glad the book wasn't switched. :grin:

Another reason to not have a "pre-sale" before your subs arrive...the page quality designations recorded online might be different than the ones on the actual books. Had that happen a couple of times now, both as a submitter, and as a buyer of books just coming back.

One book was supposed to come back with White pages, came back with Off-White.

Another was supposed to be OW/W, came back as OW.

Not the seller's fault, of course, they are only going on the info provided by CGC. But if that info is wrong, you as a buyer you might be committing yourself to purchase something you may not neccessarily want, or pay a premium for a book that may not warrant it.

Get off his back. I don't get enough of a thrill committing to a sale just based on a scan. There's a real "will my parachute open" thrill to his threads. :insane:

Well according to the CGC site...status is shipped/safe which means IF the books did ship today, I will have them on Monday sometime, will scan and post. Basically going to be the first :takeit: on anybooks available gets it. So no PM's ESPECIALLY on the Hulk 181 which I have about 6-7 guys interested.

I will give a time when they will post....

Steve

Well according to the CGC site...status is shipped/safe which means IF the books did ship today, I will have them on Monday sometime, will scan and post. Basically going to be the first :takeit: on anybooks available gets it. So no PM's ESPECIALLY on the Hulk 181 which I have about 6-7 guys interested.

I will give a time when they will post....

Steve

:applause::popcorn:

Incredible Hulk 181, 9.4 WHITE $2700

:takeit:

Probably not a bad idea as one just went on ebay for $3k+. (thumbs u

(:

Sooo I guess you got a good deal then... :cry::)

Will post the scan anyway when the book shows up, oh and THANKS!

Steve

FWIW, I have nothing but good things to say about our seller here! I got some great spidey readers and I'm a happy camper! rube11 rocks! :headbang:

I would like to echo that sentiment! I have nothing but praise for Steve (rube11)!! (thumbs u

Thanks guys...ok these books ALL present really well, even the lower grade books have a better then grade appearance. Matter of fact the back covers have the most issues. Will start posting in a little bit.

Steve

Here they are, just a reminder on the prices...and the Hulk 181 has PERFECT centering, most of the lower grade books look much nicer then the grade.....I am heading out till about 8:30 tonight so no responses till I get back.

Thanks for looking!

Amazing Spider-man 129, 9.0 WHITE $650

Avengers 1, 3.0 QUALIFIED (missing page 9 does not affect story) c/ow $400

Avengers 4, 1.5 (looks better but I think 3pc tape on b/c and some staining) $120 (sold to Muscle Shark who I think is having a board problem right now?)

Avengers 6, 6.5 ow/w $250

Daredevil 1, 5.0 ow $600

Daredevil 2, 8.0 ow $600

Daredevil 3, 7.5 ow $250

Daredevil 4, 6.5 ow $120

Daredevil 5, 8.5 ow/w $225

Fantastic Four 6, 4.5 WHITE $250

Journey Into Mystery 89, 4.5 c/ow $125

The Phantom Stranger 1, 9.2 ow/w $250

Giant Size X-men 1, 9.0 WHITE $700

avengers1f.jpg

avengers1b.jpg