• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,099 posts in this topic

Geez ... those are some pretty Timely's Rick!!! Amazing score!! (worship) Love that #4!!

Are you done the run officially?

yes, the 5 was the first of the bunch I got last year, it is at cgc now, I believe (and is the detroit trolley copy... 8.5/9.0 ish).... #8 is on the way from my bud, "PL"...

#6 should be in transit to me, as well as....3 and 7 I scanned, but no one seems to like them (shrug) so I didn't post...

group shot in a week or 2, I hope...

then, RYAN, onto Daring Mystery :devil:

Geez ... those are some pretty Timely's Rick!!! Amazing score!! (worship) Love that #4!!

yes, the 5 was the first of the bunch I got last year, it is at cgc now, I believe (and is the detroit trolley copy... 8.5/9.0 ish).... #8 is on the way from my bud, "PL"...

#6 should be in transit to me, as well as....3 and 7 I scanned, but no one seems to like them (shrug) so I didn't post...

:o

Well, I'm actually in good shape for your entry into the DARING's... I think I have the tough ones out of the way!! Thanks for the warning, though! :hi:

Richard: be strong... BE STRONG...

(congrats on your MYSTIC run, Rick!!! You'll be onto USA's in no time!)

Like I said ... I LOVE Mystics. Do you have any idea how hard it is not to post a group shot of my beauties? :D I agree with #4 being the hardest. It's the only one I don't have. :(

Sweet Mystics guys... (thumbs u

Here are two that I have... 7 has some CT in the top left corner and 6 has two pin sized CT top left corner as well, but I think it may have been trimmed (bottom?) :cry:, although I am not really sure... (shrug), but I am glad I have it anyway :grin:. I just bought a Society Membership, so I am planning to send these in with some other Timelys shortly and have them slabbed...

I love these covers...actually all of the Mystic covers are keepers as far as I am concerned... :cloud9:

scan10008pe3.jpg

scan10001bh2.jpg

Anyway, love the covers...

:o

Well, I'm actually in good shape for your entry into the DARING's... I think I have the tough ones out of the way!! Thanks for the warning, though! :hi:

Richard: be strong... BE STRONG...

(congrats on your MYSTIC run, Rick!!! You'll be onto USA's in no time!)

well, I have USA 7 and 11, only 2 I "really" want...so, no USA's in the forseeable future

Like I said ... I LOVE Mystics. Do you have any idea how hard it is not to post a group shot of my beauties? :D I agree with #4 being the hardest. It's the only one I don't have. :(

why would you not post a group shot (shrug) ....after all, sharing with your fellow collectors is one of the reasons for this board (thumbs u

Beauties all, rick! :applause:

You are the Borg of comic collecting, and I mean that in the nicest way. :cloud9:

given that Star Trek action figure sales over the years have allowed me to purchase comics, I take it in the nicest of ways :)

You are the Borg of comic collecting, and I mean that in the nicest way. :cloud9:

given that Star Trek action figure sales over the years have allowed me to purchase comics, I take it in the nicest of ways :)

he meant bjorn borg dummy--he's saying you're a big winner.

he meant bjorn borg dummy--he's saying you're a big winner.

but I am not sweedish, and I certainly wouldn't play with a wood racket lol

"we are the borg, resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into our has been, former wimbleton champions collective"

how to best defraud Mr. Evans (thumbs u

The best way would be to go to www.bedrockcity.com and buy something.

earthbornpig: You're Mystics are Beautiful. :applause:

Those have to be my two favorite Mystic covers. Love the Destroyer. He's the Timely character who made more appearances than any other without getting his own solo comic (if I remember right).

why would you not post a group shot (shrug) ....after all, sharing with your fellow collectors is one of the reasons for this board (thumbs u

OK .. I just wanted yours to get the proper attention they deserve without "butting in". I believe in taking turns.

I'll try to get a photo this weekend. :)

Took a chance on this Human Torch #2 and lets just say it didn't quite work out. Strange too as all the indicators of the ebay seller were good. Bottom line is the book was missing 3 centerfold pages and seller accused me of swiping them, and asking for a refund. Though I returned it and went through the motions of an ebay complaint, he did send back the book. That actually surprised me, after all; why not scam all the way. Anyway here it is, and still pretty cool.

I guess the "no paypal" and the GOD BLESS should have clued me it.

ebay link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110220344680

scan-1.jpg

earthbornpig: You're Mystics are Beautiful. :applause:

Those have to be my two favorite Mystic covers. Love the Destroyer. He's the Timely character who made more appearances than any other without getting his own solo comic (if I remember right).

Thanks very much...great covers...I really love those two issues. Great series....wish I had a few more... :cloud9:

I really like the cover to #9 as well...think Destroyer is slapping around Hitler on that cover...anyone have a copy of that issue that they could post?

OK .. I just wanted yours to get the proper attention they deserve without "butting in". I believe in taking turns.

I'll try to get a photo this weekend. :)

lol you can never have too many great books posted at the same time... this is not a competition, as none of us could hold a candle to Verzyls Timely's, or on this board, Richard's... we just post to share our enthusiasm for the books, the medium, and to share with our fellow geeks... it is all good! so get to posting :baiting: