• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,075 posts in this topic

Took a chance on this Human Torch #2 and lets just say it didn't quite work out. Strange too as all the indicators of the ebay seller were good. Bottom line is the book was missing 3 centerfold pages and seller accused me of swiping them, and asking for a refund. Though I returned it and went through the motions of an ebay complaint, he did send back the book. That actually surprised me, after all; why not scam all the way. Anyway here it is, and still pretty cool.

I guess the "no paypal" and the GOD BLESS should have clued me it.

ebay link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110220344680

scan-1.jpg

that stinks... from the one pic (last one in the auction) it looks like there are folios missing, based on the space... and his continued 'insistence" that all pages are there (in screaming caps no less) would lead me to believe (hindsight) that he got one over on you :sorry:

reminds me of a cap I bought... no centerfold... from now on, on raw ebay books, I am going to insist they send me a photo of the centerfold, if not included in the auction description...that can kill 2 birds with one stone (PQ and centerfold)

Here is my newest Young Allies purchase. I know it is in low grade, but I really love the war cover (which was the last one of the series), and the book looks much better than a 3.5.

003-1.jpg

nice copy, and nice schomburg cover. here's mine. had to bump this thread as we can't go almost 5 days between timelys.

RADED6802006105_0718.jpg

this little beaut arrived today, and closed my Mystic run... thanks to Paul!

Mystic8.jpg

that's going to be a tough centerfold to find; i'll be looking for it, geek.

this little beaut arrived today, and closed my Mystic run... thanks to Paul!

Mystic8.jpg

that's going to be a tough centerfold to find; i'll be looking for it, geek.

:roflmao: