• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

Thanks Ryan :)
:cry:

You too of course Rick... I am a bit behind on the compliments!! (feel better now?)

While I'm at it, nice MARVEL #1 Mr. B!!!

:grin:

oops... but of course, it absolutely PALES next to Gator's Kansas city MARVEL #1!! Right? Right???

hm

Thanks Ryan :)

You too of course Rick... I am a bit behind on the compliments!! (feel better now?)

While I'm at it, nice MARVEL #1 Mr. B!!!

:grin:

oops... but of course, it absolutely PALES next to Gator's Kansas city MARVEL #1!! Right? Right???

We'll know in a month.

we know now; ricky's copy has a very high standing in the hobby, if for no reason other than it's prior owners.

or, at least its most recent prior owner

Any Mid grade Adventures in that box?

Unfortunately not. But there are other DC titles.

They are all now up on the web-site.

www.bedrockcity.com

(I am due one blatant plug since I was told to remove the link from my sig line :grin: )

The website is looking good Mr. B (thumbs u

www.bedrockcity.com

(I am due one blatant plug since I was told to remove the link from my sig line :grin: )

:cloud9:

www.bedrockcity.com

Thanks Josh. See you at Mega Con in about eight weeks.

www.bedrockcity.com

Thanks Josh. See you at Mega Con in about eight weeks.

or we can see you now

That is the north store. We have a big Halloween sale every year. Since our Westheimer location was closed due to Ike we had double the staff and hoped we would have double the crowd. Jim, one of my wonderful employees, set up a camera and filmed the whole day. It is kinda fun to watch a day at the store in a short time. Especially with the Halloween costumes. And it was a good day!

If you guys want to see something else funny, Jim posted video on YouTube of a promotion we did for the opening of the first Hulk movie. We got a big group of customers and employees, painted everybody green, loaded up the van, and drove around town handing out flyers for the store. What a bunch of nerds.

That is the north store. We have a big Halloween sale every year. Since our Westheimer location was closed due to Ike we had double the staff and hoped we would have double the crowd. Jim, one of my wonderful employees, set up a camera and filmed the whole day. It is kinda fun to watch a day at the store in a short time. Especially with the Halloween costumes. And it was a good day!

If you guys want to see something else funny, Jim posted video on YouTube of a promotion we did for the opening of the first Hulk movie. We got a big group of customers and employees, painted everybody green, loaded up the van, and drove around town handing out flyers for the store. What a bunch of nerds.

I watched that one too... lol

Just got this in the mail today. I assume by the note on the label it's George Olshevsky's old copy. I'll have to crack it out and see...

way to go young man!

Just got this in the mail today. I assume by the note on the label it's George Olshevsky's old copy. I'll have to crack it out and see...
cool one...I have the MMC 72 Olshevsky copy, I think

i'm positive that note means it's an olshevsky.

query: the chicago books all have the code as well, ending with 'NM+'; why doesn't cgc note the writing on those books as well?

i'm positive that note means it's an olshevsky.

query: the chicago books all have the code as well, ending with 'NM+'; why doesn't cgc note the writing on those books as well?

The assumption is that by saying "Chicago" folks would know there are notes.

Just like "Larson" means some kind of writing on the cover.

I imagine the other Olshevsky books that he did not get in the "Chicago" batch aren't labeled otherwise because there is no way to track ownership previous to Olshevsky.

Here is some close-ups of my new yellow and red friends.

subby32slabbed.jpg

Oh this looks very familar, I owned it for a few years before I sold it to Vern. :cry: I always thought it had straight white pages. One of my all-time favorite books for sure. Vern that's 2 for 2 on the resubs, time to reslabb my old Human Torch #12, I bet it would grade out as at least a 7.0.