• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,079 posts in this topic

Surfer,I've been buying Timely's for about 8 years. Started with trying to get all of the Everett Sub-Mariner issues and it kinda grew after that. Mostly mail order and ebay, I try to buy nice mid-grade and occassionally I'll get a high grade issue. I'm up to around 150 Timely's now with 39 of 42 Subby issues. I still need a 9 and a 12, so if any one has one for sale, please let me know. Here's a Cap and a nice Atlas Menace that showed up in the mail last week.

cap50.jpg

menace4.jpg

Surfer,

I've been buying Timely's for about 8 years. Started with trying to get all of the Everett Sub-Mariner issues and it kinda grew after that. Mostly mail order and ebay, I try to buy nice mid-grade and occassionally I'll get a high grade issue. I'm up to around 150 Timely's now with 39 of 42 Subby issues. I still need a 9 and a 12, so if any one has one for sale, please let me know. Here's a Cap and a nice Atlas Menace that showed up in the mail last week.

<center>

cap50.jpg<br><br>

menace4.jpg<br><br>

</center>

Great books so far, PB. We're looking forward to seeing the rest! popcorn.gif

Thought I'd share my FIRST Timely book I just added to my collection. Also my first Schomburg cover. cloud9.gif I'm mostly a DC collector, but have a short list of Timely's on my want list. Human Torch #8 is one of them. I probably overpaid a little, and it is low grade, but I don't see this issue come up for sale too often so I jumped on it.

RAD48127200638_183459.jpg

very nice book Brian, great cover too !! I don't think you can feasibly "overpay" for a Timely, you made a great purchase...

Thanks Scrooge and Alton. You're probably right about not overpaying for Timelys. Pretty much all grades tend to sell for over guide.