• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,082 posts in this topic

That's a great cover with one of the finest images of Captain America that I can think of.

Does this mean you'll be having a fire sale? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Not really a fire sale but is there any book you have in mind?

27_laughing.gif Just kidding. You mentioned that there might be a fire sale after the Heritage Auction so I was checking back with you.

That's a great cover with one of the finest images of Captain America that I can think of.

Does this mean you'll be having a fire sale? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Not really a fire sale but is there any book you have in mind?

27_laughing.gif Just kidding. You mentioned that there might be a fire sale after the Heritage Auction so I was checking back with you.

Didn't pick up any thing on Heritage but a few other gems have surfaced and I might be having a mini fire sale. I am still astounded at the kind of books that have hit the market this year, unbelieveable.

Podboy some more great pick ups, I especially love the Sub-Mariner #12, one of the better covers of that run. Did you take a run at the issue #32? In a last minute moment of madness I think I bid $5,100 and was the high bidder a few hours before it went off line but someone eventually out bid me.

SS,

The 32 was too rich for my blood. It looked like a great copy, one day I would like a high grade copy but I think there are just to many people chasing that book. Metro had a high grade copy for around $9000 last year and I believe that the Okajima copy also sold in that range. I will need a big raise or learn to buy one book every few months before that happens.

Funny because Metro pulled their listing last year but just as the Heritage auction was down to the final week they relisted the Church copy for $10,000 but with no scan. They had it listed as "NM" this time aorund but I seem to recall that is was listed as an 8.5 or so? Maybe I'm getting confused with the Okajima copy (ArchAngels has removed that from their site as well frown.gif) Looks like Metro delisted the book again.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I guess Fishler/Vinnie don't really want to sell the book unless they get top dollar for it, can't say I blame them.

Church copy graded out at 8.0 or 8.5. It was not nm.