• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,075 posts in this topic

SubMariner34fc.jpg

Williamsport copy. The other Timely Superhero were in the VG+F range.

Jack Juka

Very nice copy, mc, thanks for posting!

When you say the other books were in the vg+f range were you referring to the 1950s issues?

Yes and no. The other TIMELY Superhero comics such as Young Men 24, 26, MM #94, etc. There weren't that many Timely out of 3,000 comics. Most of the DC stuff from the late 40s and early 50s is VERY NICE.

Jack

SubMariner34fc.jpg

Williamsport copy. The other Timely Superhero were in the VG+F range.

Jack Juka

Very nice copy, mc, thanks for posting!

When you say the other books were in the vg+f range were you referring to the 1950s issues?

Yes and no. The other TIMELY Superhero comics such as Young Men 24, 26, MM #94, etc. There weren't that many Timely out of 3,000 comics. Most of the DC stuff from the late 40s and early 50s is VERY NICE.

Jack

Thanks for answering!

I saw a few of the DCs that you posted in a different thread and they are very nice indeed! thumbsup2.gif

This one arrived today...HT #21 6.5 w/moderate P resto. I love Schomburg covers hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif and could not resist in picking this one up from Rich. Hey - Thanks Rich! 893applaud-thumb.gif Very happy with the book.

I have two more war cover books that I am expecting two more classic war cover keys arrive within the next week or so, so I can hardly wait...it is going to be a Shomburg kind-a-month for me so I am just thrilled!

scan10006ho5.jpg

I have two more war cover books that I am expecting two more classic war cover keys arrive within the next week or so, so I can hardly wait...it is going to be a Shomburg kind-a-month for me so I am just thrilled!

Absolutely nothing wrong with a Schomburg month! Looking forward to scans when you get the books! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Those are great looking books podboy! I especially like the robot cover on issue #23 - a classic cover for sure. Great stuff.

SS...I don't know how anyone can go wrong with GA Timelys. Is it possible - restored, unrestored, high grade, low grade. These books were some of the best ever. Covers that are what comics are all about. I love this stuff. To me - it is what comics are all about. I have favorite bronze and silver stuff, but I cannot resist this kind of stuff. Hopefully GA keeps flat for a while - although you don't see it with key Timely in any grade....to me, I much have a raw low or mid grade Timely book than a 9.6 or 9.8 bronze, copper or modern book. What say you...

PS...ya, I much rather have unrestored books, but if that were the case, I would not be able to really afford the books that I want. When I recently picked up my restored HT 12 - which looks fantastic I might add, I could never have afforded the book in same grade but unrestored.

To me, good resto on a key Timely or one of my personal grails -- well, I don't care ..... bring on .....I will take em all ...... 893whatthe.gif

Send me your restored, your colour touched, your piece replaced, your purple labels....I'll take em all..... hail.gifcloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

Wow, what grade is that beauty?

its a 6.5 - spine very dirty and 1/2 inch stain on back cover.

Small stains on the back cover don't bother me if the rest of the book looks great. Congrats. thumbsup2.gif