• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,076 posts in this topic

I saw that Cap 28 too. Pretty aggressive price, but it is a great cover, and that copy did present much better than a 1.8 (though I guess most books do in a 2-inch photo!). confused-smiley-013.gif

The price isn't that surprising as it's a highly desirable cover that would likely sell at a premium over guide in any grade, and while small scans can be deceptive it did look better than the CGC grade (I have a GA book that was graded 1.8 by CGC - since freed from the slab - that were I to sell it I would have no qualms calling a 2.5 - not every book gets the GA bump from CGC).

So I picked up this one today from the post box cloud9.gif - thanks to Andy hail.gif for another nice book. This is one off my "Grail List" hail.gif so I was just thrilled to have picked up this one.

Lower grade book and has piece re-attached to the top right corner, but I am lovin' this book....just cannot get too many classic hail.gif Shomburg war covers....one of his best (at least in my opinion) thumbsup2.gif.

can0007go3.jpg

cloud9.gif

sumo.gif

cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

It's a book length story by Everett starting from how Subby's parent's met, his birth, childhood, to how he ventured out on his as an adult. Hard to top.