• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,075 posts in this topic

Well, another new book for my collection arrived today. Low grade copy w/piece off bc and lower spine. Some creases, but what the heck - how can you beat that cover.....worm coming out of Hitler's ear as he sits on a chair of bones and skulls!

cloud9.gif Glad to have added this one to my collection. Was a 2nd chance opportunity of eBay and I just could not pass up that cover...

can0008la8.jpg

Duh!!! foreheadslap.gifscrewy.gif I must have seen it on your site!!! Sorry, so many Timely on line that I look at. Just checked out your site again.....must be where I saw it from originally. Nice looking book. Do you have a scan of the Torch book you have listed on your site??? Would love to see it. Thanks for sharing...

popcorn.gif

allselect1.jpg

wow, worked like a charm. Thanks!!

Welcome to the boards! hi.gif

Really cook Marvel Mystery #46. I wonder how Schomburg came up with this cover concept for this book, as it is a real classic. Nice pickup! thumbsup2.gif

The All-Select #1 is a classic/cool issue too. Not many covers out there featured Subby/Torch/Cap in the same image.

Finally....I get to contribute to this thread. I've had Golden Age fever for a while now, and, in particular, Timely fever. I went to the Baltimore con looking for 1.) Timelys, and 2.) Action, with the big logo. I saw a fair amount of Timelys, but they were very low grade, which is ok, but they also had very big price tags attached to them. I did not see any of the large logo Actions! There may have been some, but I didn't see them anywhere. So, I came home empty handed, which was ok, because I was able to work out a deal with a local dealer for these beautiful books. I actually have two more on "law-a-way", and hope to get them in a month or so.

Anyway, I'm very excited about these books that I picked up today. They all have, at least, OW/W pages and the cover colors are super nice. The dealer that I bought them from has a large collection and guarantees them to be "unrestored or my money back", so I figured that I couldn't loose. I'll be sending these off to CGC very soon, but it sure is nice to actually look through them and read the stories (verrry carfully).

Here they are, my first Timelys... yay.gif

Marvel Mystery Comics #56. A great looking Schomburg bondage cover with Nazis.

MC56.jpg

The other two Timelys that I picked up are both Human Torch. The first one has it all...Schomburg, bondage, snakes, Japs, and, of course, a Subby back-up story!

Human Torch #13 with a small chip out of the ULC, but still a beauty!!!

HT13.jpg

And, finally, Human Torch #34. Not Schomburg, but just a super nice copy!!!

Frankenstein6.jpg

That's it. But, I'm really excited about these books. I can't wait to get the other two that I have on hold. (Human Torch #17 and Sub-Mariner #16, both are super-cool issues).

Man, do I have the fever!!!

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

MC56.jpg

One of my favorite covers of the run 893applaud-thumb.gif

I love how Toro is being "tortured" by "roasting" on a spit foreheadslap.gif

thumbsup2.gif Beautiful book

Finally....I get to contribute to this thread. I've had Golden Age fever for a while now, and, in particular, Timely fever. I went to the Baltimore con looking for 1.) Timelys, and 2.) Action, with the big logo. I saw a fair amount of Timelys, but they were very low grade, which is ok, but they also had very big price tags attached to them. I did not see any of the large logo Actions! There may have been some, but I didn't see them anywhere. So, I came home empty handed, which was ok, because I was able to work out a deal with a local dealer for these beautiful books. I actually have two more on "law-a-way", and hope to get them in a month or so.

Anyway, I'm very excited about these books that I picked up today. They all have, at least, OW/W pages and the cover colors are super nice. The dealer that I bought them from has a large collection and guarantees them to be "unrestored or my money back", so I figured that I couldn't loose. I'll be sending these off to CGC very soon, but it sure is nice to actually look through them and read the stories (verrry carfully).

Those do look nice!

Congratulations on your first big pickups! thumbsup2.gif