• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

podboy,

Took me over four years to find a decent copy of Sub-mariner #9 but it was sure worth the wait!

241151480_55352ecc7e_b.jpg

Good luck on your quest. Sounds like your close to completing a very impressive Sub-mariner 1-10 set.

GE

WOW. As I scanned down the book I was wondering what kept the grade down but when I saw the bottom corner frown.gif Still probably the best copy I have ever seen and probably the best cover from issues #2-#10. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks everyone.. cloud9.gif.....I have quick question though,why are some Timely's in regular size CGC holders and others in annual size? This book is in a big CGC case,but my #58 is normal sized.I also have a Cap #50 in a big holder and #51 in a regular holder.The ones in the big holder look like they have more pages too.Was this due to the paper drive during the war? confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks everyone.. cloud9.gif.....I have quick question though,why are some Timely's in regular size CGC holders and others in annual size? This book is in a big CGC case,but my #58 is normal sized.I also have a Cap #50 in a big holder and #51 in a regular holder.The ones in the big holder look like they have more pages too.Was this due to the paper drive during the war? confused-smiley-013.gif

The early books were often wider, taller, and with heavier paper or more pages than the later books.

The early books were often wider, taller, and with heavier paper or more pages than the later books.

good to know,thanks..... thumbsup2.gif

Saw this one on Bob Storms site and kicked around buying it for a few days and finally decided to make an offer.. SOLD grin.gif.. cloud9.gif I kind of had it on my want list due to the cool cover and with Schomburg....well, nuff said. Love the V-5 rockets! It is a blue label 6.5. Cannot wait until I get it.

Thanks to Bob thumbsup2.gif Here is the front cover...

capt20america204720frtsy1.jpg

cloud9.gif

My first Marvel Comics issue after 25+ years of collecting.....not high grade...but decent enough and almost GGA.

Nice pickup!

What led you to choose that particular copy/issue as your first?

My first Marvel Comics issue after 25+ years of collecting.....not high grade...but decent enough and almost GGA.

Nice pickup!

What led you to choose that particular copy/issue as your first?

I've always loved the later GGA type covers with superheroes intermixed. I tried to buy a few off a board member, but couldn't agree on grading/price....so I bought this as an impulse purchase on ebay. It's a solid lower grade copy and I paid less than $200 for it shipped...so...not sure if it was a great deal or not, but I enjoyed reading it. It's now tucked away in a Mylite II and a full back. I also bought a CGC 2.5 off the boards and am waiting patiently.

I'll likely look for more in the future, but it's not my focus. thumbsup2.gif

IMPULSE RUL headbang.gifZ