• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

Does anyone know whether Schomburg was drawing a particular model of motorcycle or did he just make it up?

Gotta love the Cap Motorcycle covers! cloud9.gif

Yes! Are there only three?

cap_01_027.jpg

usa_16.jpg

There are others, like All Winners #12

West

...and Cap 41.

cap41.jpg

I posted this on another thread, but it's getting lost over there....Here's why I collect golden age: a great Alex Schomberg cover that has nothing to do with the inside story, a 10 page classic Bill Everett Sub-Mariner story, and the first Simon and Kirby Vision!It been restored and its been cracked, but I could care less. It's still magic to me. cloud9.gifI wish that Timely's were cheaper so I could afford more!

mm13cracked.jpg

MM13back.jpg

Great issue. There was a nice 5.0 copy that popped up on Comiclink and I would have bin'ed it if it showed up a few weeks from now. Book was scooped up right away for only $1,375 which I thought was a steal.

That was my Marvel Mystery CGC 5.0 that I sold on Comiclink for $1375. Probably should have held out for more... confused-smiley-013.gif

246918266_7dee161820_b.jpg

Glad I sold it, actually. I just got a great deal from Metropolis on a Daring Mystery #1...and now it's mine! yay.gif

272541659_555587c94c_b.jpg

GE

Glad I sold it, actually. I just got a great deal from Metropolis on a Daring Mystery #1...and now it's mine! yay.gif

You got a really great deal on that Daring Mystery. I was following it on ebay and thought it would go for twice as much. Congratulations!

Great issue. There was a nice 5.0 copy that popped up on Comiclink and I would have bin'ed it if it showed up a few weeks from now. Book was scooped up right away for only $1,375 which I thought was a steal.

That was my Marvel Mystery CGC 5.0 that I sold on Comiclink for $1375. Probably should have held out for more... confused-smiley-013.gif

246918266_7dee161820_b.jpg

Should have posted it here first (or did you?) I would have loved to work out a deal on this book. frown.gif

Surfer,

Would have been great to work out a deal with you. Unfortunately I didn't post on boards first, but I'm a quick learner! makepoint.gif

Which is why my Superman #13, Funny Pages V3#1 (scooped up by CentaurMan) and Crime Suspenstories #22 (VTcomics) were listed on the boards first. wink.gif

Stay tuned...I may have 2-3 more Timely sales before Halloween. popcorn.gif

GE