• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,099 posts in this topic

Not to derail this thread, but while Great Comics #3

certainly has a "great" Hitler cover, I personally prefer Supersnipe #8 for a "Hitler goes to hell" cover.

I think Headline #8 is the most iconic of Hitler covers, followed closely by Catman #20. The best Hitler Timely cover IMHO is Marvel Mystery #46 (one of the top Hitler covers anywhere).

Alas, I only have a copy of the last two of these frown.gif

Re-arranging some boxes of Timelys.....I had forgotten I had this press sheet. I got this a loooooong time ago. Anyone need a Marvel Comics 91 "off the presses"?

1558733-marvelsheet2.JPG

What a great item -- and I love how many of these sheets include the covers of comics of more than one publisher!

Not to derail this thread, but while Great Comics #3

certainly has a "great" Hitler cover, I personally prefer Supersnipe #8 for a "Hitler goes to hell" cover.

I think Headline #8 is the most iconic of Hitler covers, followed closely by Catman #20. The best Hitler Timely cover IMHO is Marvel Mystery #46 (one of the top Hitler covers anywhere).

Alas, I only have a copy of the last two of these frown.gif

Those are all fine examples of Hitler covers -- but probably a topic for the Hitler cover thread that Timely started. Which is where I should have posted this copy.

Re-arranging some boxes of Timelys.....I had forgotten I had this press sheet. I got this a loooooong time ago. Anyone need a Marvel Comics 91 "off the presses"?

1558733-marvelsheet2.JPG

What a great item -- and I love how many of these sheets include the covers of comics of more than one publisher!

Amazing stuff as usual Jon.

That is bright! Chicago? Frisco? Spill it! poke2.gif

recent pick up in Florida....now to have the tape removed or not....no spine splits, so the tape was unnecessary. Apparently this was sold by Sotheby's at some point with a sticker 367/11 and tag numbers 20112132 09-11-676 76-08

Anyone know what these mean...I'd appreciate the history of the previous sale if anyone has it.

I purchased this from ......Greg White.....(Nearmints nemesis) and I do not believe it's been restored in any way. Greg actually seemed like a fairly nice guy.....but....everyone has a horror story. Feel free to pm me.

THX. 1567249-ComicScan0285.JPG

1567249-ComicScan0285.JPG.4e2ff4acd00f1fcfd6ddf4217185a84e.JPG

recent pick up in Florida....now to have the tape removed or not....no spine splits, so the tape was unnecessary. Apparently this was sold by Sotheby's at some point with a sticker 367/11 and tag numbers 20112132 09-11-676 76-08

Anyone know what these mean...I'd appreciate the history of the previous sale if anyone has it.

I purchased this from ......Greg White.....(Nearmints nemesis) and I do not believe it's been restored in any way. Greg actually seemed like a fairly nice guy.....but....everyone has a horror story. Feel free to pm me.

you GOTTA love a green bannered Timely! ain't that many of 'em.

Wow, great pick-up. 893applaud-thumb.gif