• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
29 29

23,167 posts in this topic

I've always considered this one to be 2nd tier when it comes to Timelys for some reason. But the more I look at this cover the more I change my mind..

It's got Red Skull and Hitler on the cover in the summer before the US went to war. Looks pretty good to me!

I've always considered this one to be 2nd tier when it comes to Timelys for some reason. But the more I look at this cover the more I change my mind..

YoungAllies5.jpg

This cover definiately places # 1 in the 1st tier. # 4 is the other YA cover that reaches those heights IMO. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That a beauty of a # 1! I still need one, but it's on the back burner.

Cool all winners, lets start a new thread. Books with Bonnets used books stamp, I must have 4 or 5 of those.Ha Ha! OK, OK... I know It says Aurther S., It was a typo in the system. They of course have offered to correct it no charge. I have three unique books with the same mistake. Maybe it make'em worth more. All before that batch, and all after are correct. I am glad you guys are enjoying them.

-Paul

Cap40.jpgCap41.jpgCap42.jpgCap43.jpgCap44.jpgCap45.jpgCap72.jpg

Ok, Here is Sunday morning Brunch! Have a Crispy Cream and enjoy, Don't worry they are slabbed, drip away.

YoungAllies5.jpg

Filter- Really nice book, but your right not up to par....Maybe you should sell it to me? laugh.gif Ha!

Cool all winners, lets start a new thread. Books with Bonnets used books stamp, I must have 4 or 5 of those.Ha Ha! OK, OK... I know It says Aurther S., It was a typo in the system. They of course have offered to correct it no charge. I have three unique books with the same mistake. Maybe it make'em worth more. All before that batch, and all after are correct. I am glad you guys are enjoying them.

-Paul

Ok, Here is Sunday morning Brunch! Have a Crispy Cream and enjoy, Don't worry they are slabbed, drip away.

Ha Ha! If Bonnett's becomes a pedigree, I'm rich! insane.gif

-Paul

Ha!-Man those books show up everywhere!

-Paul

Ha!-Man those books show up everywhere!

Bonnett's must have had one sweet dollar box in the sixties? gossip.gif

YoungAllies5.jpg

2nd tier title, 1st tier cover!

YoungAllies5.jpg

Filter- Really nice book, but your right not up to par....Maybe you should sell it to me? laugh.gif Ha!

Its for sale. (I've got me a 2nd copy) I was going to put it on eBay tonight but if you're interested send me a PM and lets see if we can't work something out.

Geez... Awesome run!! hail.gifhail.gif

I like that Cap 48 cover where he's stepping on the guy's neck! i think I'm going to have to start w/ that one. Don't suppose you have an undercopy for sale??

Thanks, No unfortuanatly I do not have another. They come up for at least every other month on ebay, they usually are pretty bad though. Good Luck!

A little note, on issue 53 cap not only does not have a sheild (rare if not unheard of), but appearantly is bullet proof. Take a look as machine gun fire fragments off his chainmail chest. Lets see if someone can find another cover with cap and no sheild? Cap53.jpg

Edited by mr.schomburg

Ok, here is the deal. I bought this on Heritage the other day. Check out the scan from their website, and then the next one is from my scanner. Would you say the lightened the scan to make it appear whiter?? I would.

cap76Her.jpg

mm0102.jpg

My friend bought the 78 that was auctioned at the same time. He called me and said "Did you win the white cover Cap? I won the yellow cover Cap!" I told him yes then, but now I am not so sure...... crazy.gif

At the risk of being a contrarian, I'd say their scan is easily within the range of using the automatic "adjust levels" function, which I do all the time. It ain't easy to match the appearance of a comic in front on you to the appearance on a monitor because there are so many steps to the translation that depend on the monitor, settings, etc.

That's not what you wanted to read, is it?

Jack

Ok, here is the deal. I bought this on Heritage the other day. Check out the scan from their website, and then the next one is from my scanner. Would you say the lightened the scan to make it appear whiter?? I would.

cap76Her.jpg

mm0102.jpg

My friend bought the 78 that was auctioned at the same time. He called me and said "Did you win the white cover Cap? I won the yellow cover Cap!" I told him yes then, but now I am not so sure...... crazy.gif

At the risk of being a contrarian, I'd say their scan is easily within the range of using the automatic "adjust levels" function, which I do all the time. It ain't easy to match the appearance of a comic in front on you to the appearance on a monitor because there are so many steps to the translation that depend on the monitor, settings, etc.

That's not what you wanted to read, is it?

Jack

cap76Her.jpg

mm0102.jpg

Matches on my end....

Silver Surfer, thank you! Wonderful packing and very happy with book! Good luck with MM9 893applaud-thumb.gif There are some crazy's out there, that book is out of controll, but I hope you win, you deserve it.--Paul

Courtesy of the Surfer! Cap70.jpg

The newest addition to the low to mid-grade Big Paulie Pedigree collection, in the wet land of Oregon

Note to reader: This collection is highly known for its wide varity of tears, abrasions, cuts, and general wear. With off-white to cream pages, and slight odor of acidic paper. One can tell this collection apart from others, by its look of being read and enjoyed during its life, and proud proud smile of the current owners face smile.gifsmile.gif

Big Paulie Pedigree collection

Maybe I need to get me one of them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I do like that cover as it is soooo different from the earlier Caps. And I like Sci-Fi. grin.gif