• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifThat is my FAVORITE cover of the ENTIRE run!! Holy Moley! takeit.gif

Mine too. You have great taste! headbang.gif

One of my favorites as well. I've always thought the best Marvel Mystery covers were ones that festured the Sub-Mariner. Great book. thumbsup2.gif

Me too Durden! For a while I was collecting only the Subby covers. I will get back at it one day.

Thank you, West, and everyone else for the kind words. I've been surfing these boards for a long long time, gazing at everyone's killer books. I'm just happy to contibute, especially to my favorite thread ...bar none!!! Another classic cover, one of my all time favorites. thumbsup2.gif

Dennis

2-12-07024.jpg

Tremendous book. Any thoughts about possibly having it regraded as it sure looks like a GA 9.4 if I ever saw one.

Tremendous book. Any thoughts about possibly having it regraded as it sure looks like a GA 9.4 if I ever saw one.

Thanks. There's a very small bit of paper missing on the bottom back cover. That is the only defect on this book and the reason for the downgrade. Otherwise, it's a no brainer 9.4. I'm never selling it anyway, so there's no point of a resub.

Thank you, West, and everyone else for the kind words. I've been surfing these boards for a long long time, gazing at everyone's killer books. I'm just happy to contibute, especially to my favorite thread ...bar none!!! Another classic cover, one of my all time favorites. thumbsup2.gif

Dennis

2-12-07024.jpg

Sold this book to Cage. It is the Olshevsky copy.

S

Johnny,

I must say this, your books are of superb quality and make me giggle with envey. Thank you for sharing such prime examples of GA Timely's. That last one the MMC, is absolutely stunning. The colour and tightness of that book is truely amazing. What a piece of art. Thanks again and post all you got.

Paul hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifthumbsup2.gif

Repost from Comics General:

I don't normally post new acquisitions, preferring to keep my purchases private, but now that I own two old-label copies of Sub-Mariner Comics # 26 in 9.0...well, I just thought it would be a cool pic to share.

2Subby26s.JPG

you should post them in the Greedy SOB thread headbang.gif

Nice pick ups George. Any reason you wanted two copies of the same isuse instead of another high grade one for the run? (I'm one to talk). insane.gif

Can you ever own enough high grade Subbys? confused-smiley-013.gif

I'll probably sell the second copy. Don't really need two. And I'll part with it for a whole lot less than the only other 9.0 copy (on Metro's site with a $2,250 price tag).