• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

ht4.jpg

I love the cover on this book. I think it is a little under-appreciated.

And now for my favorite comic book.......

mystic1.jpg

It's my favorite not only because of the cool cover, or the fact that I love the anthology titles

(Daring, Mystic, USA 1-5). When I first started working at Camelot in 1977 I was getting paid with trade credit. Common practice among comic shops to this day. I think I was getting $4 an hour in credit. I was only working on weekends and holidays as I was still in high school. This book was $1000 when it came available in mid 1978. It cost me six months!

893applaud-thumb.gif I've never seen so many Reilly Timelys in my life! How many you got, man? Also, those MM & Cap #2's are phenomenal. I noticed the "P" on the MM #2, could it be a Pennsylvania? Not sure if there was one. If you gots a Cap #27, I'd love to see it. I got a feeling I'll fall out of my chair if posted. hail.gif Please keep the thread hijack ROLLIN'! Great great stuff and thanks for sharing.

893applaud-thumb.gif I've never seen so many Reilly Timelys in my life! How many you got, man? Also, those MM & Cap #2's are phenomenal. I noticed the "P" on the MM #2, could it be a Pennsylvania? Not sure if there was one. If you gots a Cap #27, I'd love to see it. I got a feeling I'll fall out of my chair if posted. hail.gif Please keep the thread hijack ROLLIN'! Great great stuff and thanks for sharing.

Thanks. I am posting stuff as I get it slabbed. The Caps from 11 to 40 haven't been done yet. (It costs, you know). I have a few Reilly's, including the Cap 26. Have a nice 27, you will see it someday. Get a seat-belt ready. I have no idea if the MM2 is the Penn. Was slabbed when I got it and there are a lot of Ps running around. Thanks again!

Edited by MrBedrock

Bah, where are the 9.6 graded Timely's dude? stooges.gif

Seriously, what an awesome Timely collection you have. I can't ever single one book out as being better than any other - they're all incredible. High grade + WHITE pages = cloud9.gif Thanks for sharing. hail.gif

ht4.jpg

I love the cover on this book. I think it is a little under-appreciated.

You're right I rarely see this one or hear it mentioned. It's very nice and amazing to see such a high non-pedigree book. thumbsup2.gif

Okay. So I was asked to post this last night. I pulled out a few other goodies as well.

So without further adoo........

mm9.jpg

That was the one that was on Comic Link last year, freaking awesome book. Your collection is astounding Mr. B. hail.gif

Thanks Surfer (but)

This one was never on Comic Link. been in the family for about ten years.

Bah, where are the 9.6 graded Timely's dude? stooges.gif

Seriously, what an awesome Timely collection you have. I can't ever single one book out as being better than any other - they're all incredible. High grade + WHITE pages = cloud9.gif Thanks for sharing. hail.gif

Thanks Durden. It is fun to share.

Mr. B I don't want to get interupt the posting sequence but I'm hoiping you have a few high garde copies of issues #16 and #74 to share with us. popcorn.gif

16 as soon as it is slabbed. I sold the White Mountain 74 two years ago. I now have very few Timelys after 1944.

Mr. B I don't want to get interupt the posting sequence but I'm hoiping you have a few high garde copies of issues #16 and #74 to share with us. popcorn.gif

16 as soon as it is slabbed. I sold the White Mountain 74 two years ago. I now have very few Timelys after 1944.

That is a gorgeous copy, 6.0 if my memory serves me correct?