• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

Picked this up from Phil. Just came back as a 4.0 from CGC. I'm very happy with it.

P1340775.jpg

Especially with the nice surprise I found inside the cover.

P1340776.jpg

And one of the best centerfolds ever...

P1340777.jpg

That's a real beauty, with a nice surprise! Congrats!!! :headbang:

WOW!!!! You could call that centerfold a MASTERPIECE, but having Kirby's signature is PRICELESS!!! :cloud9:

Great pickup. (thumbs u

+1 :applause:

Fresh Timely scans. Please forgive any repetition of comics you may have seen in earlier scans, I'm still working with my new scanner to get the best images that more accurately reflect the beauty of these books; thanks, and as always input is appreciated (thumbs u ...

img_Mystic_ComicsV17_055-1-1.jpg

img_HT5B_053.jpg

img_CaptAmerica5_036.jpg

img_USA1_039-2-1.jpg

MarvelMystery2_front-1.jpg

Edited by DavidMerryweather

Fresh Timely scans. Please forgive any repetition of comics you may have seen in earlier scans, I'm still working with my new scanner to get the best images that more accurately reflect the beauty of these books; thanks, and as always input is appreciated (thumbs u ...

img_Mystic_ComicsV17_055.jpg

img_HT5B_053.jpg

img_CaptAmerica5_036.jpg

img_USA1_039-2.jpg

img_MarvelMystery2_057-1.jpg

Good Lord! That's the GDP of a small country in those photos.

...Should I take that as thumbs up on the quality of the scans? hm (thumbs u

Hell Yeah! I think I just had a religious moment looking at those books! (worship)

Thanks! :acclaim:

OK, since I seem to be on the right track, I'll post a few more for consideration...

img_CaptAmer10_084-1.jpg

img_CaptAmer30_085.jpg

img_CaptAmer57_086-2.jpg

I'll admit it, I'm a perfectionist and scanning through CGC slabs isn't easy, but so far the results look pretty good. (thumbs u

...Should I take that as thumbs up on the quality of the scans? hm (thumbs u

Hell Yeah! I think I just had a religious moment looking at those books! (worship)

Thanks! :acclaim:

OK, since I seem to be on the right track, I'll post a few more for consideration...

img_CaptAmer10_084.jpg

img_CaptAmer30_085.jpg

img_CaptAmer57_086-2.jpg

I'll admit it, I'm a perfectionist and scanning through CGC slabs isn't easy, but so far the results look pretty good. (thumbs u

Beauties one an all! Love the 10. Big fan of the S/K run on the title.

:applause: Wow! Classic Shores cover on a nice off-white paged high grade copy (that puppy would even qualify for an Atlas thread! :gossip: ). Congrats! ^^

BTW, love those beautiful Schomburg covers on the #37 & 46 too! (worship)

Oh my, indeed, Billy; ...I seriously doubt that there'll be anything that exciting in the upcoming CA movie! :popcorn:

speaking of which, the premiere is one month from today! i'm starting to get kinda stressed about it, as i have so many years of devotion to the character invested in the movie living up to it. after spidey 1, this'll be my most nervous lead-up to a movie. have had it for a few novels, the shining and the green mile stand out to me, but nothing like this. i'm sure tolkien geeks were all flutterry leading up the the first flick, too.

Oh my, indeed, Billy; ...I seriously doubt that there'll be anything that exciting in the upcoming CA movie! :popcorn:

speaking of which, the premiere is one month from today! i'm starting to get kinda stressed about it, as i have so many years of devotion to the character invested in the movie living up to it. after spidey 1, this'll be my most nervous lead-up to a movie. have had it for a few novels, the shining and the green mile stand out to me, but nothing like this. i'm sure tolkien geeks were all flutterry leading up the the first flick, too.

:idea: Hey, if CA opens during ComicCon maybe a bunch of us can get together to catch an evening screening. (thumbs u

I realize that it might be a little like cat herding (I herd relatively easily, other cats, (shrug) ), but it is an interesting thought. hm