• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

Just rec'd this comic in the mail. It represents a lot of "firsts" for me...my first GA CGC comic, my first Timely, my first Schomburg cover, etc.

It may be my first Timely, but definitely not my last!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

CGC 7.0 ow/w

img199.jpg

Just rec'd this comic in the mail. It represents a lot of "firsts" for me...my first GA CGC comic, my first Timely, my first Schomburg cover, etc.

CGC 7.0 ow/w

img199.jpg

Congrats from a fellow Timely fan! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

That Daring presents very well. Looks much better than 7.0 in your scan; awesome Schomburg cover, too! (thumbs u

CGC 7.0 ow/w

img199.jpg

pretty, pretty book. love me some green-bannered timely's.

CGC 7.0 ow/w

img199.jpg

you love you some any bannered Timelys

CGC 7.0 ow/w

img199.jpg

you love you some any bannered Timelys

Who can blame him!!!! Very nice book. (thumbs u

and i think mystic and daring reside in a special tier in the timely canon, not 1st string, of course, but not second string down with usa, all winners, etc., either.

my favorite of each.

daring1.jpg

myst2.jpg

and i think mystic and daring reside in a special tier in the timely canon, not 1st string, of course, but not second string down with usa, all winners, etc., either.

my favorite of each.

daring1.jpg

myst2.jpg

Those happen to be my favorite 2nd tier books as well.

(thumbs u

my favorite of each.

daring1.jpg

myst2.jpg

:applause::applause: Those are real beauties, Billy.

But, ...but, second string? ... special tier? :o No way!

Timely books don't need no stinkin' badges! ca.gif

OK, so maybe I'm delusional, but IMO all Timely superhero books are worthy of first tier canonization. (worship)

OK, so maybe I'm delusional, but IMO all Timely superhero books are worthy of first tier canonization. (worship)

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

nobody loves 'em more than me, but imo the 10 book kid komics run does not sit on the same rung as the 10 vol. 1 mystics. just for an example.

(thumbs u

nobody loves 'em more than me, but imo the 10 book kid komics run does not sit on the same rung as the 10 vol. 1 mystics. just for an example.

Kid 1 and 2 certainly are first tier. After that the Young Allies were the stars, and they weren't superheros.

kid1.jpg

kid2.jpg

toro looks superer than cap wonder---what did the latter do, by the way, other than give his regards in really spectacular fashion?

pons, come help me explain to this guy how shiddy timelys are.

but, yes, kid 2 is a great book, and my favorite of the run. here's mine, happily absent all the stoopid little check marks that no doubt infest yours.

kid2.jpg

here's mine...

I'm very familiar with it. I've read it many times :cloud9:

toro looks superer than cap wonder---what did the latter do, by the way, other than give his regards in really spectacular fashion?

pons, come help me explain to this guy how shiddy timelys are.

Can't help ya out Billy. Timelys are fantastic. Most of them are anyway. Wish I had some more in the old comic box.

Not much better than early or late Marvel Mystery comics, just about any Caps are cool, Subbys are divine, Human Torch comics are pretty cool, Mystics with Destroyer covers are simply wonderful, All Select and All Winners have some great issues (except for the early AW),

I even like much of the Timely non-superhero comics

Not too fond of YA, Tough Sell Squad, Red Raven, or most of the Daring runs.

But for the most part? I like Timely comics just fine :luhv: