• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
29 29

23,165 posts in this topic

Marvel Mystery Comics #79 CGC 9.0 "FROM THE COLLECTION OF NICOLAS CAGE."

DSC02191.jpg

Pretty book Timely! :applause:

hm Hey, that reminds me, I have one of those too! It isn't a CAGE copy, but it has the provenance of being a part of the collection of some rascal named R. Cat Conrad. :whistle:

img_MarvelMystery79_156.jpg

It does have an Ohio pedigree. This copy managed to survive the ravages of rampaging wild beasts (seems to be a problem there) and inveterate punsters, probably because the original Ohio collector was even cagier. :grin:

Marvel Mystery Comics #78 CGC 9.4

DSC02192.jpg

smiley-shocked015.gif That's an absolute stunner Timely! (worship)

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

It's tough coming up with anything that can match a late period MM in 9.4 with OW pages (those are rare indeed and your's is the best around), but since we're showing off our highest graded copies I'll tease with the back cover of a recent acquisition... :devil:

img_CaptainAmerica9BC_171.jpg

Hint: The front cover also has killer art, and in more ways than one! :cloud9::whee:

Marvel Mystery Comics #77 CGC 9.6 "D" Copy "FROM THE COLLECTION OF NICOLAS CAGE."

CLASSIC Sub-Mariner cover. doh!

DSC02194.jpg

smiley-shocked015.gif

(worship) WOW! That's a beauty Timely, with all the appropriate bells and whistles! :applause:

All I can do after that is turn my teaser around and display the front side...

img_CaptainAmerica9FC_170.jpg

smiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gifsmiley-dance001.gif

CLASSIC Sub-Mariner cover. doh!

DSC02194.jpg

Beautiful shape, terrible cover, but what a great book (thumbs u

Marvel Mystery Comics #76 CGC 9.4

DSC02195.jpg

a 7.5 76. [it might be a little better, but i thought "a 7.5 76" was too cute to pass up]

mm76.jpg

:applause::applause:

Very pretty books guys! Love that Schomburg touch of adding a chicken peeping out of the barrel and one running across the lawn in the midst of the mayhem.

Stunning books; This issue is on my list to buy someday! :cloud9:

i have one of those.

Waiting, like a spider.

waiting a long- time, i might add. still in waiting mode, to see his 74; i got a good one of that, too! but, yuck, i've gotta go to work at 73 and below; have a ton that have never been scanned.