• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,075 posts in this topic

Many thanks for Silvers for working with me on this book. Has to be one of the toughest Timely's to track down:

Mystic6cgc75.jpg

GREAT grab Surfer!!! :applause::applause::applause: It's funny, this book was fairly easy to find in the mid 90's. I had a nice copy and saw plenty of other nice copies at shows. I've seen very few for sale in the last 10 years or so. Ok, who's sittin' on a big stack of 'em?? West ..... I'm lookin' at you brother (tsk)

Many thanks for Silvers for working with me on this book. Has to be one of the toughest Timely's to track down:

Mystic6cgc75.jpg

GREAT grab Surfer!!! :applause::applause::applause: It's funny, this book was fairly easy to find in the mid 90's. I had a nice copy and saw plenty of other nice copies at shows. I've seen very few for sale in the last 10 years or so. Ok, who's sittin' on a big stack of 'em?? West ..... I'm lookin' at you brother (tsk)

As usual Jimbo, your memory is impeccable.

Here is a shot of the display case by the cash register in my comic store from the mid 90's, and look what is sitting in it :)

storecase.jpg

Edited by ciorac

Mystic6cgc75.jpg

Here is a shot of the display case by the cash register in my comic store from the mid 90's, and look what is sitting in it :)

storecase.jpg

Thanks Billbo, but I can't help but stare at what's sitting NEXT to it :o:o:o:o

Mystic6cgc75.jpg

storecase.jpg

Thanks Billbo, but I can't help but stare at what's sitting NEXT to it :o:o:o:o

Hey .... I bought that Young Allies #2 ^^ Then Billy got it from me. It's the famous CFO copy :flamed:

Here's a recent purchase that I don't think I've posted yet. While it may not be for everybody, it's still a high grade Timely #1 and census topper.

wackyduck1front92.jpg

You're a Wacky Duck. But a higher grade WD than that one :applause:

Here's a recent purchase that I don't think I've posted yet. While it may not be for everybody, it's still a high grade Timely #1 and census topper.

wackyduck1front92.jpg

You're a Wacky Duck. But a higher grade WD than that one :applause:

Coming from a tough grader like YOU Billbo, not on land or under the sea, have I been paid a higher compliment :applause:

My First post to the boards has to be to the Timely thread! Some of you know me from ebay as mdktkd and I collect Barks, Timely's, Amazing Spider-Man, and Daredevil (1964).

The USA #9 was origionally in a PGX unrestored 5.0 holder and I broke it out to read it. Which is more likely: PGX missed the reinforcement or CGC is wrong?

Oh well, I have some raw Captain Americas and USA Comics I'll post later.

120154.jpg.429b55d0d42c610abe6c11ffe5754b81.jpg

120156.jpg.19292055632c8d8550e51b9960643d46.jpg

120157.jpg.039b200d104a056f4545cbf10da0cb4c.jpg

My First post to the boards has to be to the Timely thread! Some of you know me from ebay as mdktkd and I collect Barks, Timely's, Amazing Spider-Man, and Daredevil (1964).

The USA #9 was origionally in a PGX unrestored 5.0 holder and I broke it out to read it. Which is more likely: PGX missed the reinforcement or CGC is wrong?

Great stuff md! Welcome to the boards, and the GA fun :)

:applause: What a great first post! I second Bill's welcome. :headbang:

WTTB...as you will no doubt find out, buying a Pgx book is a crapshoot at lest... unlikely cgc is wrong, but no worries either way...

post some more timelys!

Welcome to the boards (thumbs u What a fine batch to start off with :applause: