• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

DSC01865.jpg

I take it the 2 dots in the upper left are staple holes?

Awesome book! :applause:

they are. and apparently cgc had a change of heart about timely "file copies" sometime between old and new labels. west's old label says "file copy," my new label usa 2 at top of page does not. tho' i feel sure that the "file copy" appellation does not really add to the value of these books like a true pedigree would, i'd still like to have mine say it.

DSC01865.jpg

they are. and apparently cgc had a change of heart about timely "file copies" sometime between old and new labels. west's old label says "file copy," my new label usa 2 at top of page does not. tho' i feel sure that the "file copy" appellation does not really add to the value of these books like a true pedigree would, i'd still like to have mine say it.

The holes on the Sub #10 are the most unobtrusive I've seen posted. Maybe that is why they were so forgiving? (shrug)

I agree; I would want it to say file copy!

DSC01865.jpg

The holes on the Sub #10 are the most unobtrusive I've seen posted. Maybe that is why they were so forgiving? (shrug)

I could be wrong about this, but I would tend to think that they did away with it more due to the lack of any actual proof that the books in question are Timely file copies. What would be the criteria: Any nice looking Timely with staple holes is deemed a "File copy"? It seems to me that they wouldn't want to deal with trying to explain how they establish that designation. Once again, I could be wrong. (shrug)

I could be wrong about this, but I would tend to think that they did away with it more due to the lack of any actual proof that the books in question are Timely file copies. What would be the criteria: Any nice looking Timely with staple holes is deemed a "File copy"? It seems to me that they wouldn't want to deal with trying to explain how they establish that designation. Once again, I could be wrong. (shrug)

What's the backstory on how these came to market?

DSC01865.jpg

hm The location of the staple holes should warrant some kind of special notation since CGC already downgrades for the condition flaw. However, I'm not sure that the file copy determination can be justified (as an absolute) without establishing provenance. (shrug)

BTW, I should probably add that this is a fantastic looking comic regardless of the staple intrusion! (thumbs u

That Cap went over so well I think I will post another! I just love Cap from the 40's. Between the rabbit punch to the back of the guys head, Cap screaming "Booyah!", and the toe in the crooks throat this was not a guy you wanted to mess with! :insane:

Photobucket

Just in Timely, my latest... :grin:

img_CaptAm61_190-1.jpg

This is an awesome book, but I can't say that I'm especially fond of Shore's perspective and Bucky, well, he just looks neckless. (shrug)

He's also the Humpback of Timely.

Nice copy!

:bump:

...And now the Flee corrected Bucky-less copy (ta-dah!)...

bucky-removal.gif

Three cheers for Flee Marquette! :applause::applause::applause: