• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,082 posts in this topic

Many of years ago this was upgraded from a 9.2 to a 9.4 the 9.2 tag was lost and the 9.2 was never removed from the census... any advice?

As far as fixing the census, the only person you can rely on at CGC to do this is Gemma. If you talk to anyone else, it won't happen. Having a scan of both books would help. The missing label, though, creates issues for them.

Edited by cheetah

Many of years ago this was upgraded from a 9.2 to a 9.4 the 9.2 tag was lost and the 9.2 was never removed from the census... any advice?

As far as fixing the census, the only person you can rely on at CGC to do this is Gemma. If you talk to anyone else, it won't happen. Having a scan of both books would help. The missing label, though, creates issues for them.

(thumbs u Absolutely, but the missing label shouldn't pose a problem. hm

If CGC retains scans of each submitted book, and it isn't a stretch to assume that they do so for liability protection, then even a cursory comparison of old and new scans would remove most if not all doubts. Every book has unique identifiers such as the bindery cut, arrival stamps or store stamps, pencil/pen marks, localized chips, color variations, spine stress, sun-shadows, minor wear, etc. All of these anomalies arising from publication or long term storage can quickly separate one book from another and identify resubmissions.

IOW, this shouldn't be that much of a problem, but what do I know. (shrug)

... 2c

very scarce....

It would it would be great to see posted all the Timely Cap pages that currently exist...

That is a beautiful page and one I would dearly love to have! Thanks for sharing!

Oh, and by the way, the USA #7 is pretty sweet too! :applause:

Guess this one is considered the best cover of the run..

[font:Comic Sans MS]Love those Mystics![/font]

Your Destroyer Mystics are awesome, Steven. (worship)

Everyone has their own favorites; mine is this Kirby classic... :cloud9:

img_Mystic_ComicsV17_055-1-4.jpg

Last time I checked Bedrock's Blue label 9.0 was the census topper.

There's another restored 9.0 listed in the census, but that copy has extensive restoration.

Edited by DavidMerryweather

Guess this one is considered the best cover of the run..

I agree! I personally feel this one is much better than #7 as the S&K artwork in #7 leaves a lot to be desired (My opinion. No offense to any #7 owners). Do you have a #10? 9 and 10 are my favorites.