• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
29 29

23,166 posts in this topic

Firefox here too - but I can see everyone else's pics as far as I can tell. Strange...

Same problem.

To see the pic, I had to cut & paste the image link into a new tab in the browser & press enter. You can see the link if you quote his post.

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb352/JAMESELSENPETER/cap6cgc_zps114d4f75.jpg

Use a real browser and it will be a lot less work :foryou:

Internet Explorer is full of holes. Mozilla is allegedly far more stable, resilient and secure Anyone here use Chrome?

Firefox here too - but I can see everyone else's pics as far as I can tell. Strange...

Same problem.

To see the pic, I had to cut & paste the image link into a new tab in the browser & press enter. You can see the link if you quote his post.

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb352/JAMESELSENPETER/cap6cgc_zps114d4f75.jpg

Internet Explorer is full of holes. Mozilla is allegedly far more stable, resilient and secure Anyone here use Chrome?

I've been using IE since it came out and have never had a problem. I did try Chrome for a minute, but it wasn't compelling enough of a difference to make a change

Same problem.

I've been using IE since it came out and have never had a problem. I did try Chrome for a minute, but it wasn't compelling enough of a difference to make a change

IE's performance is a dog and it's the most likely to be the target of a malicious attack via virus or website.

Other than that, it's fine. :slapfight:

Thanks Cat, how r u doing? Anything new by u? Planning to come to NYC any time soon?

[font:Times New Roman]Doing well, Steven. Not sure about NYCC this year, but definitely doing SDCC and Chicago Wizard. However, even if the wife and I don't do NYCC we'll probably be in NY at some point.

BTW, if you're ever in the D/FW Metroplex you have an open invitation to visit our home; we'll take you out for some great SW cuisine.

A number of recent acquisitions, but I'm still in the process of rescanning books and my new HP8300 legal size scanner picks up ghost-like reflections, especially on thicker slabs. :frustrated: On the upside, the images are much sharper with better color balance than my old standard format Epson scanner. Alas, with this model Scanjet the trade-off seems to be random glare. Hopefully this will end up being a settings adjustment issue that I can work around.

My Torch collection demonstrates the paranormal activity going on inside some of my holders...[/font] :cry:

e9609b17-1f60-4a5a-9a4a-1de46a26fea2_zps496a1b1e.jpg

4c674d33-d345-4733-a447-097401b2f6fe_zps615560e6.jpg

4bc7c76e-e166-459c-87c3-8a40ef05080d_zpsf9cd2985.jpg

HT8-A_zps037ca1dd.jpg

cee6e265-8d79-4e3d-a539-6eec2643050a_zpsadcfd385.jpg

5d3c5c43-0b31-4a20-ae18-dd817dcf7c1b_zpsb4324adb.jpg

565bf23e-0823-451d-8dd9-3a1d8096beb0_zpsb68ba4c8.jpg

We had one of those and the glare is pretty unavoidable. A few things you might try to fight the glare -

1) Try scanning them with the lid open on the scanner. It's kind of a pain but it will diffuse some of the light and when you crop the image all the blurry background of you standing over the scanner will disappear.

2) Flip the slab around and line it up with the back portion of the scanner. Then just rotate the scan.

3) I've also heard that laying a mylar or comic bag between the book and the scanner bed will diffuse the light.

Your only other options are to get a different scanner or crack out all of your books.

wonderful cap 10!

new upgrade for me; uc in the market shortly.

thanks boardie.

namora1.jpg

Handsome Billy Parker, my dear friend, was kind enough to sell me the under copy :)

Thanks Billy! Not in hand yet, but sooner or later he'll send it to me.

namora1uc_zps103de8b2.jpg

in the mail as i type!!

It just arrived :whee:

Namora1_zps0cf920e0.jpg

Excellent interior art and stories :)

I'll snap some photos and add them to the "You've seen the cover" thread later this weekend

VERY nice Billbo (and Billy)!!! As you may or may not know, Namora #1 was my first G.A. book!!! I still have that very same copy!! An awesome book!! I was SO surprised to see her stabbing a snake!! I'd only seen silver and bronze books at the time of purchase :o

We had one of those and the glare is pretty unavoidable. A few things you might try to fight the glare -

1) Try scanning them with the lid open on the scanner. It's kind of a pain but it will diffuse some of the light and when you crop the image all the blurry background of you standing over the scanner will disappear.

2) Flip the slab around and line it up with the back portion of the scanner. Then just rotate the scan.

3) I've also heard that laying a mylar or comic bag between the book and the scanner bed will diffuse the light.

Your only other options are to get a different scanner or crack out all of your books.

[font:Times New Roman]Thanks, Richard. I've tried the second thingy, which occasionally works or moves the worst reflections to a less obtrusive part of the slab. I'll be trying your other recommendations too, ...except for that very last option.[/font] :eek:

Someone here on the Boards, sorry I can't remember which Boardie it was, mentioned that Timely artist Ken Bald was still around and doing commissions. Well, thanks for the tip!!

Ken did some great work for Timely, and this pencil cover reproduction that I just received today is very nice.

Couldn't quite capture the piece with my poor photography skills, and the lack of inks made the pencils wash out with the flash.

So, here are a few pictures to give you a flavor for it.

It is 11" X 14"

MissAmerica1_zpsa546b125.jpg

MissAmerica3_zps0fede21f.jpg

MissAmerica2_zpsf104b0a5.jpg

LOVE IT!!! WANT IT!!! :applause:

Someone here on the Boards, sorry I can't remember which Boardie it was, mentioned that Timely artist Ken Bald was still around and doing commissions. Well, thanks for the tip!!

Ken did some great work for Timely, and this pencil cover reproduction that I just received today is very nice.

Couldn't quite capture the piece with my poor photography skills, and the lack of inks made the pencils wash out with the flash.

It is 11" X 14"

Thanks Jimbo :) He also was the cover artist on Namora #1 and I may hire him to do tht one for me as well

It looks amazing in person

It is 11" X 14"

Thanks Jimbo :) He also was the cover artist on Namora #1 and I may hire him to do tht one for me as well

Funny you should say that Billbo, as I've got an e-mail in to him to do BOTH for me, Namora first!! It was first G.A. book ya know!!

It is 11" X 14"

Funny you should say that Billbo, as I've got an e-mail in to him to do BOTH for me, Namora first!! It was first G.A. book ya know!!

(worship)