• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

ht4.jpg

I love the cover on this book. I think it is a little under-appreciated.

Please feel free to answer in as little or as much detail as you would like. (Or not answer at all if you'd prefer not to) But where do you even find books like these? Wow... if I had access to books like those I'd be completely broke in less than 24 hours. Absolutely amazing. There have been lots of incredible books posted on these boards (especially lately) but that little run of scans right there is probably the most impressive thing I've ever seen.

mm6.jpg

Ricky

Richard, I was there shortly after this book was knowingly sold to you without Full Disclosure - I am VERY glad you got a blue label on this Larson! thumbsup2.gif

STEVE

Gosh, Steve....You are always ragging on the big guys!

ht4.jpg

I love the cover on this book. I think it is a little under-appreciated.

Please feel free to answer in as little or as much detail as you would like. (Or not answer at all if you'd prefer not to) But where do you even find books like these? Wow... if I had access to books like those I'd be completely broke in less than 24 hours. Absolutely amazing. There have been lots of incredible books posted on these boards (especially lately) but that little run of scans right there is probably the most impressive thing I've ever seen.

Filter,

That's the best compliment yet! Remember, I am older than dirt (but not as old as Parker!)...and bought most of these back when golden age was less than 50 years old. Also, take a look at an Overstreet from 1990 and see what Timelys were priced at. I got this book at San Diego in the early '90's for about a grand. And that was over guide!

How about a couple boxes of Timely's?

Groupshot1.jpgcool.gif

Are you tempted to crack those, maybe read them? Took me a few years but I broke down and became a "crack" addict. smile.gif

I read them all before I slabbed them, have been thinking of cracking a few lately...But I don't trust myself. If I do, I should have a party and crack them all in one sitting.

Paul

Well if it was me I'd crack anything that was 6.0 and under unless it was a big ticket book. You could probably resell the old shells back to CGC you have so much plastic there. hail.gif

Well SS if I do have a crack'n party, I will invite you down out of the Cold Frozon Northern Tundra. Well crack a few beers and a few comics... eh! 27_laughing.gif

Well if it was me I'd crack anything that was 6.0 and under unless it was a big ticket book. You could probably resell the old shells back to CGC you have so much plastic there. hail.gif

Well SS if I do have a crack'n party, I will invite you down out of the Cold Frozon Northern Tundra. Well crack a few beers and a few comics... eh! 27_laughing.gif

I wanna come too! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks. It really is a cool cover. And especially so if you set it next to #13. They are like bookends.

Thanks. It really is a cool cover. And especially so if you set it next to #13. They are like bookends.

I agree. Hey if you don't mind me asking was that Bob Storms/Metro copy they had co-listed and sold what seems like a year ago? (book looks familar).

Bill,

You are welcome to join, but bring your Cap 1 so I can drool on myself! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Bill,

You are welcome to join, but bring your Cap 1 so I can drool on myself! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Deal! As long as you wear a bib while looking at the Cap! 27_laughing.gif

I agree. Hey if you don't mind me asking was that Bob Storms/Metro copy they had co-listed and sold what seems like a year ago? (book looks familar).

Nope. I can't remember where I got this, but I have had it a while.