• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
29 29

23,163 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2024 at 10:10 PM, Primetime said:

Nice 👍🏾 Been awhile since I had a Cap 28 

I crazily used to have 4 of them and 4 #27s at the same time! I sold 3 of each off 4 years or so ago. They're fun! I no longer have any really early Marvel Mystery issues. My earliest is #16 now. I had them down to #2 (my #9 was coverless). That ship has kinda sailed at this point, what with the prices they fetch. Oh well, better to have had and let go of than to never have had at all. (shrug)

On 8/11/2024 at 8:33 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Here's my old copy which I put in a friend's collection at my cost. He still has it too, but he cracked it out. 

Marvel Mystery 2 2.5 front my old copy.jpg

Marvel Mystery 2 2.5 back my old copy.jpg

Very nice. Is that a sticker on the FC?

On 8/11/2024 at 8:26 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I crazily used to have 4 of them and 4 #27s at the same time! I sold 3 of each off 4 years or so ago. They're fun! I no longer have any really early Marvel Mystery issues. My earliest is #16 now. I had them down to #2 (my #9 was coverless). That ship has kinda sailed at this point, what with the prices they fetch. Oh well, better to have had and let go of than to never have had at all. (shrug)

I had 2 #4s a 5 and 7 couple 8s lots of 10 on up. Had few Torch 1s lots of Sub 1s Back in the 80s back then the news was Bob Overstreet collected Timleys and was looking to buy more I just had them as convention stock I collected early Action and Detectives and they started to get pricey so I traded my none key DCs for key issues that I only have 10% now since they keys cost me so much like you said better to have had than not at all.