• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

that's a tuff one; first time i ever recall seeing a hi-grade copy. very nice. i'm going to have some fun watching this procession.

It is scarce! In fact, it was the last issue I needed from #64-92.

that's a tuff one; first time i ever recall seeing a hi-grade copy. very nice. i'm going to have some fun watching this procession.

It is scarce! In fact, it was the last issue I needed from #64-92.

i thought you "needed" a certain 75!

because i like him so much [not to mention the opportunity to exercise my own exhibitionist streak], i'm going to post my pedestrian copies of timely's books as they correspond to his series of posts. this will let y'all appreciate the quality of his books even more, and i'll have fun as well.

92. interesting note: check the "scuff" on the left column of the "m." it's on both copies, and the flaw is on virutally every copy i've ever seen.

mm92.jpg

Thanks for also posting yours Billy. I'll enjoy seeing both of you guys' runs.

As per AtlasTales: The cover resembles the splash panel, except the generic female of the cover is Sun Girl in the story.

And, yes, that's one weaaaaak cover. The late '40's were not kind to the art level at Marvel!!

because i like him so much [not to mention the opportunity to exercise my own exhibitionist streak], i'm going to post my pedestrian copies of timely's books as they correspond to his series of posts. this will let y'all appreciate the quality of his books even more, and i'll have fun as well.

92. interesting note: check the "scuff" on the left column of the "m." it's on both copies, and the flaw is on virutally every copy i've ever seen.

mm92.jpg

hm That scuff appears to be a wet ink smear :eek: (it looks like it was pulled off the press too soon and folded before the ink dried), but...

img_MarvelMystery92_074.jpg

...reality isn't always virtual. :grin::baiting:

Working on it since '95. Still a dozen to go!

vern, i had a little jump on you; i got started on mm's in '94. all about marvel s.a. 'til i picked up a cap in late '93, and the following year, when the caps slowed down, bedrock convinced me to go after "the flagship title."