• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,106 posts in this topic

Marvel Mystery Comics #83 CGC 8.5 "D" Copy

DSC02187.jpg

wonderful 83 west; love the colors on that copy!

i have this one, but look how washed out the colors look--like a wholly different shade of green.

mm83.jpg

Sold this but really would have loved to have been able to keep it.

MarvelMysteryComics83CGC9_6Ohio001.jpg

I did try to get that one from you! Had to settle for keeping my "D" Copy.

Timely,

a really big thank you for posting your books. It's nice to slow down and enjoy these one at a time.

The Captain America mention on the cover made me realize that Cap started to appear in MMC at the tail end of the run and I don't know that I was aware of it prior to now. I also like the head they use for that. Love the wings on that drawing.

Keltner's Index shows that it's Cap with Bucky and then switches to Cap with Golden Girl. I never realized that she became a de facto sidekick / partner of Cap. These late '40's Cap stories are so yearning for the spotlight and the material hard to get by that it whets my appetite for Marvel to reprint these ... eventually.

Cap essentially replaces The Angel in the book. I wonder if Cap became that much more important or did Cap stop appearing in another title (that may simply have ended) and that's what prompted the decision to shoe him in MMC. I don't have my Timely Publication & Date spreadsheet here. I'll look at it later.

Again, great books!

mmc44.jpg

Ok a krappy bird's eye view pic, with no grade and no back story. This kind of conduct is strike worthy! Must have moar info. :popcorn:

the travesty is in the crickets surrounding parker's quip :o

mmc44.jpg

Ok a krappy bird's eye view pic, with no grade and no back story. This kind of conduct is strike worthy! Must have moar info. :popcorn:

Hard to believe that with today's technology, that someone is not capable of posting a clear image of a comic book cover!
it was posted this way on purpose, to keep the mystery (thumbs u

mmc44.jpg

Hard to believe that with today's technology, that someone is not capable of posting a clear image of a comic book cover!
it was posted this way on purpose, to keep the mystery (thumbs u

One of the hot books I bought at NYCC... :banana:

img_HT24_160-1.jpg

I probably should've put this in a box to make it look more mysterious! :baiting:

One of the hot books I bought at NYCC... :banana:

img_HT24_160-1.jpg

I probably should've put this in a box to make it look more mysterious! :baiting:

love it! here's the "ww" copy of the book, found by g.a.tor back in the day.

torchww.jpg