• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,107 posts in this topic

hell, i love me all kinds of timely's!!!!!

That's telling em Billy! I chuckled at each of your last examples to West's post about quality over quantity.

Some of us, led by you, define quality in more ways than just high grade. Quality comes in all grades and levels of restoration, not just the big fancy number in the corner.

:)

West, Richard, and Cat have gorgeous collections, but I'd take yours any day :)

rantrant Um, I never said Billy did not have a quality collection!

I'm sorry if me explaining how I collect offended anyone. doh!

nobody's offended! it just gave me the opportunity to post more books. the only offense i take on these boards is when people run down my hello pal 1. now that hurts.

thanks again for the heads-up on the denver hyper-mystery g.a.tor. you've stuck me with the hello pal for life. well, i'm putting the gris gris on you: you're stuck with muschump for life, too---how do you like that?

and since i got perceived as taking on the mint-monsters, i guess i oughta go after you page-snobs as well. my pq range is:

planet63.jpg

PunchComics19.jpg

ibis5.jpg

subby3.jpg

silverstreak1.jpg

subby7.jpg

cgccap56.jpg

daredevil1.jpg

jojo17.jpg

i once had a "cream pages" book, but it's sold. sorry for the incomplete gallery.

:insane:My ducks-in-a-row post...

rubber-duckv3.jpg

I love your collection too! :luhv:

We may have slightly different approaches to collecting, but we both appreciate GA goodness. That's a beautiful Cap run, BTW. (thumbs u

The Destroyer had to be one of coolest looking GA characters!

Thanks, Chuck. The Destroyer is one of my faves too, with a very alien look and a striking costume, and the Kirby cover on #7 is a knock-out. :headbang:

That's telling em Billy! I chuckled at each of your last examples to West's post about quality over quantity.

It's apples and oranges; fresh or moldy, we all crave more vitamin C. :insane:

Some of us, led by you, define quality in more ways than just high grade. Quality comes in all grades and levels of restoration, not just the big fancy number in the corner. :)

hm I sense a grass roots movement starting, but please, no tri-corner hats or OWS tees! doh!

:foryou:

love me some quantity, too!!!!!!!!

capsI.jpg

capsII.jpg

capsIII.jpg

capsIV.jpg

capsV.jpg

capsVI.jpg

capsVII.jpg

All great books! (thumbs u

:headbang:

thanks pons! no doubt my collecting criteria doesn't maximize investment potential like exlusively hi-grade hunters get, but i have fun chasing my runs in any grade that meets the eye-test for me.

Investment potential is just cake icing. hm

Enjoyment is what it's all about. I relish chasing after issues that I've always wanted in grade, without the very real risk of losing interest in a run after completing it (for me, trying to fill holes in a run is more stressful than the pleasure received from eventual possession).

What makes this such a wonderfully vibrant, passionate hobby is that everyone has their own approach to it; there is no one-size-fits-all. :whee:

Maybe someday we'll get an opportunity to meet and celebrate our collections up close and personal over a few micro-brew ales and single malts (or Coke Zero if Gators in the neighborhood). Until then, keep those images comin'.

smiley-gen110.gif

Edited by DavidMerryweather

Only Bill. (thumbs u

No offense taken, oh master of empathy.

Merely pointing out that "quality" can be measured in many ways in terms of a comic collection. And enjoying Billy's posts that defined his view of both.

Some of us, led by you, define quality in more ways than just high grade. Quality comes in all grades and levels of restoration, not just the big fancy number in the corner.

:)

rantrant Um, I never said Billy did not have a quality collection!

No need for a rant or a facepalm West, we all enjoy seeing your gorgeous collection.

It was your definition of a quality comic being a high grade comic, that seemed limiting, hence Billy went on his fun demonstration of the various degrees quality

(thumbs u

img_HitComics20_083.jpg

looks like we both love some quality white quality, cat. and please note: my logo is bigger than yours.

hit24.jpg

:sumo: I have a raw one...

img_Hit24_052.jpg

...but the logo gets even smaller shortly thereafter... (shrug)

img_Hit26_165-1.jpg

:luhv: Love that Rubimor cover!

hm I will eventually get a Stormy Foster HIT run just for those gorgeous Crandall covers, but there is one specific non-Crandall Stormy Foster cover (Gill Fox art I think)... smiley-sick029.gif

...that I'll probably just acquire for the great Quality stories and interior art.

Now, back to Timely! (thumbs u

Edited by DavidMerryweather

wonderful-looking d copy!! the label, on the other hand, could stand a trip to mattie's.

man, i've fallen several issues behind; got me some scanning to do, i guess.