• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - weight loss update....

62 posts in this topic

Congrats. On a health kick myself, but your loss puts my 14 lbs in 7 weeks into the shade.

Earl.

No, that is right on target. Typical weight loss is about one to two pounds a week and slow weight loss is said to remain off longer.

after an official weigh-in @ the Dr. office -- 96 LB :banana: :banana: :banana:

I always wonder about surgeries like this. What are the odds of dying from being too thin? It's great your losing weight, but how will you stop losing weight? Yes, I know eat more, but what if the surgery makes that impossible to happen?

This is awesome news, it kicks my 50 lbs (over the last year) to the curb.

I still have a about 50 lbs to go, wish me luck.

:applause:

:o soo..100 overall goal?

This is awesome news, it kicks my 50 lbs (over the last year) to the curb.

I still have a about 50 lbs to go, wish me luck.

:applause:

:o soo..100 overall goal?

yeah, I am embarrassed that I lost it and rumbled up to the big 300

and a nice weight for me really is really 200...

I am 250 right now, so I am halfway there on the weight watchers program.

It is way too easy for me to get big, my guess is because I didn't have nutritional discipline

as a kid and was big then while I played as a lineman in junior high and high school.

I kicked that weight when I went into the service, so I am trying to prove that to myself again

and I am halfway there with the most difficult struggle of my life...

A good bit of people on these boards are aware that I have fighting this for awhile because

I have had several threads on this topic.

Wish me luck.

(thumbs u

Dare I say..you don't need it? One pound a week is healthy enough...

I lost the 50 within the last year, so I think I'm on course.

:preach:

Man, if I lost 50lbs, I'd be a skeletal 95lbs....yikes!! :o

Congrats Mike and keep up the good work!!

Brian

Just had a weigh in and i`ve done it -- officially down 102 pounds -- now i think i`ll go buy some new shoes :insane: , actually my shoes dont fit as well as they did before the loss -- might even pick up a snazzy new shirt too --- time to make my shopping list -- i think i could be a clothes whore if i dont watch it -- Pigeon Forge outlets here i come :insane: :insane:

Just had a weigh in and i`ve done it -- officially down 102 pounds -- now i think i`ll go buy some new shoes :insane: , actually my shoes dont fit as well as they did before the loss -- might even pick up a snazzy new shirt too --- time to make my shopping list -- i think i could be a clothes whore if i dont watch it -- Pigeon Forge outlets here i come :insane: :insane:

^^

Mike,

Is this through gastric bypass or just exercise and diet? And either way, I'd love to hear more details and big congrats, either way.

gastric --- had the procedure on feb 23`rd so its been 3 months -- has been a good experience so far -- havent gotten hungry since surgery -- but sometimes i have to remind myself that i do need to eat , mostly high protein low carb , to keep up energy and muscle . Just started back at the YMCA a few weeks ago and hit the treadmill a few times each week as well as weights -- had my 1`st beer since before surgery just a few days ago ( i thought i couldnt drink any because of the carbonation , but found out i can ) and found it a totally different experience -- literally i get an instant buzz off the 1`st couple drinks and it`s like i just drank a 6 pack -- but the buzz only lasts for about 15 minutes and fades quickly -- I thought that was pretty cool :D -- still having some difficulty with steak and other more fiberous meats , but that should get better in a few more months -- my original goal was to be at 100 pounds lost by my birthday in July but since then i keep moving that goal earlier and earlier -- by Heroes-Con i`m hoping to be at minus 120 :wishluck: and maybe 140 by Chicago Comic-Con weekend in August -- It took me several years to have the procedure but after having a new baby @ 39 I needed to do something if i wanted to see here grow up --- Mike

Hey Mike. Just found your thread and was interested because my mother had the gastric bypass yesterday. Sounds like it went really well for you, which is really encouraging to hear as I hope it works out as well for my mum! :)