• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serious question for CGC...

57 posts in this topic

Having put up with it for years now, I've decided to ask the obvious question...

When using the online submission form through the Collector's Society, is there any reason the following changes can't be made to the code so it's a *little* easier to do the submission?

• Quantity defaults to "0": Who submits zero books? Why can't it default to "1" so we don't have to type the obvious "1" on every single line?
  • Have the "Publisher" field hold on to the last entered value until it's changed. Monotonous typing that doesn't have to exist.
  • Have the "Title" field hold on to the last entered value until it's changed.

These little changes would make it SO much easier to do a long submission. Can you guys do something about it? :foryou:

Pretty please? :foryou::foryou:

:bump:

Any word on upgrades? It looks the same as it has for the past 6 years.

:popcorn:

Having put up with it for years now, I've decided to ask the obvious question...

When using the online submission form through the Collector's Society, is there any reason the following changes can't be made to the code so it's a *little* easier to do the submission?

• Quantity defaults to "0": Who submits zero books? Why can't it default to "1" so we don't have to type the obvious "1" on every single line?
  • Have the "Publisher" field hold on to the last entered value until it's changed. Monotonous typing that doesn't have to exist.

These little changes would make it SO much easier to do a long submission. Can you guys do something about it? :foryou:

:bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump:

Need a little help here. :foryou:

Bueller...

Bueller...

Seriously, what's the status on this? It's still the same as it was. :eek:

If you need someone to beta test anything, let me know. I'm on it like a cousin on Watson's little black book. :insane:

:bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump:

Need a little help here. :foryou:

Bueller...

Bueller...

Seriously, what's the status on this? It's still the same as it was. :eek:

If you need someone to beta test anything, let me know. I'm on it like a cousin on Watson's little black book. :insane:

You know, it is legal to marry your first cousin in the state of Tennessee.

Dice,

While I would expect your posts to be receiving more than the normal level of scrutiny from the mods, for obvious reasons, don't assume they are going to respond to a thread. If you PM Dena or Gemma, they can get your requests to the cyber-squad to get these updates in the queue for the next time they doing that type of update.

PMs are your friend. :foryou:

And realise they're not doing this work themselves, so it might not be done until they get to a point where they have enough work to justify the use of whomever they're using

Dice,

While I would expect your posts to be receiving more than the normal level of scrutiny from the mods, for obvious reasons, don't assume they are going to respond to a thread. If you PM Dena or Gemma, they can get your requests to the cyber-squad to get these updates in the queue for the next time they doing that type of update.

You obviously have never gotten a PM from Dice.

:sick: ... lol

Dice,

He keeps trying to send me one called "Bum-Bum and The Boys - The Konica Incident," but i keep deleting it.

Dice,

He keeps trying to send me one called "Bum-Bum and The Boys - The Konica Incident," but i keep deleting it.

Liar. You asked me to send the sequel. :gossip:

These changes would make too much sense...hard sell there Dicey.

These changes would make too much sense...hard sell there Dicey.

Hell, just a page that let you import the sub from an excel document would be fine.

Isn't technology supposed to make things easier?

Holy onion soup shats, Batman. Can I get a witness? :frustrated:

Dice,

He keeps sending me pictures of hillbillies having sex with dead farm animals with the title "You sure this doesn't turn you on?"

Dice,

He keeps sending me pictures of hillbillies having sex with dead farm animals with the title "You sure this doesn't turn you on?"

Sad thing is that it DOES turn you on. :insane:

Dice,

Sad thing is that it DOES turn you on. :insane:

That's not true... that's not true at all. You take it back... you're mean. I wasn't touching myself, I just had an itch.

Ok, well maybe just a little... but only the one where Rob Leifeld was dressed up as the dead opossum.