• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Over The Top Gore...

50 posts in this topic

So Frankenstein was really a robot? Who knew?

Sep_1970.jpg

Jim

Note how the head falls off even as the axe is raised to cut it.

Must have been a defective Frankenstein Monster. hm

I really like this cover. Note the bullet holes on the mummy's skull. Really cool horror cover...

Apr_1972.jpg

Jim

That's actually a sweet cover. ^^

Hey look...a girl with her head still attached. Wonder how the issue sold...

Oct_1972.jpg

Jim

Funny you should mention that,since that cover is a redrawn version of this one lol

:roflmao:

I'll bet the first one didn't sell so well, so they took off the head and added blood. It was a market test book. hm

Thanks for posting these, Jim. I've always been curious what was on the insides of these mags. I've never owned one, but the covers are gore-geous. :luhv:

Was going through a recent lot I won here on the Boards and the covers to some of the more cheap 70s magazines really crack me up due to their over the top gore. I guess they had to do something to separate themselves on the racks from all those Frazetta, Kelly, and Boris covers... lol

So I thought it''ll be fun, because I'm awake and bored to death, to share some of them for the Board...

For example...nice cleavage...

Jim

Myron Fass's Eerie Publications -- yow!

The issue numbering is haphazard, covers are swiped and reused, then suddenly a science fiction cover that Fass bought cheap shows up (like you show here). What a sleazy publisher!

I uploaded lots of the covers to the GCD galleries a while back. I don't own them, but found the images on line. I had to take a shower afterward, and not because I was excited. Some of your copies are nicer than the gallery ones, but I don't really want to look again.

Jack

Sep_1970.jpg

Jim

if you look closely, you can just make out a "GM" badge on the monster's lower back

Sep_1970.jpg

Jim

if you look closely, you can just make out a "GM" badge on the monster's lower back

General Monsters :gossip:

I've always been curious what was on the insides of these mags.

The one I flipped through seems to have a mix of new and 40-50s B&W reprint stories. None reach the level of the covers but there is one panel showing a monster decapitating a guy with a swng of it's hand in the lead story... :o

Jim