• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Confused about ordering bag and boards

29 posts in this topic

I know that I can probably search for a day and find this but I would love some current answers.

I have only ever purchased supplies once and got the really small bags/boards that I hated because they only fit moderns. After that terrible purchase, I just would purchase single bag/boards for my current stack at my LCS. I no longer have a current LCS and need supplies. I am looking at Hotflips site and would like some advice.

I want to try the flip and stick bags. One description states that the sticky seal is on the back of the bag, not the flap. Is this true and also are the easier than the traditional bags? I am afraid that I will get them stuck to the comic. Has this happened to anyone? Are the traditional bags better and just get 3m tape for easy removal?

Here's the stupid question, I have moderns, coppers, bronzes, 52 and 100 pagers and DC dollar issues. I don't really want a bunch of different size bags. I want one bag and board that fits everything. Which size should I get? Hotflips only has Modern and Silver for the flip bags listed.

Thanks for any suggestions.

The flip & stick bags have the sticky part beneath the flap on the back of the bag (the flap itself is not sticky) - so the comic book doesn't come in contact with the sticky part when you're putting it in the bag or taking it out.

The "standard" size Mylites2 (not the "current" size) are the ones I use - they fit modern, copper, and bronze without any problems. The product number is 725M2.

They'll fit 100-pagers as well, but I personally found them a bit too tight - I use the Silver/Gold size (775M2) for those. I find the Silver/Gold size too large for moderns, though - the modern books have way too much room in those bags.

Hotflips is the way to go! Jeff and Charles are pros in the best sense of the word.

You cant go wrong with them.

Now, i would advise against the self seal bags. I dont like them and have found them to be even more difficult to get books out of after you seal them since it makes the entire lip sticky. I just dont like em, but thats my opinion.

I prefer the SA bags and fullbacks. I actually use the Archives and a fullback which i love. Some dont like the Archives (open top) while I dont like the flapped mylars.

Thanks for the posts back. I have only a handful of books that are worthy of MyLites. Are the standard size Mylites = to Current size Polypropylene bags? I guess I can ask Hotflips that question.

I am on the fence about the flip and stick ones and appreciate your comment. I think I will have too much trouble with them.

I want to try the flip and stick bags. One description states that the sticky seal is on the back of the bag, not the flap. Is this true and also are the easier than the traditional bags?

They make a new kind with wings. They're supposed to greatly reduce accidents. :gossip:

I want to try the flip and stick bags. One description states that the sticky seal is on the back of the bag, not the flap. Is this true and also are the easier than the traditional bags?

They make a new kind with wings. They're supposed to greatly reduce accidents. :gossip:

I was awaiting some Diceism today!

Definitely more protection than the top loaders I hear...

I highly recommend avoiding the flip & stick bags.

Especially when wearing Spiderman body paint!

Did somebody say "Spiderman body paint"? hm

i order silver age bags/boards and stick everything in there.

(thumbs u

This is the only way to go. No having to buy "modern" bags, that and you know everything will fit nicely inside a box. (Wait...should that be in the OCD thread?)

I highly recommend avoiding the flip & stick bags.

Especially when wearing Spiderman body paint!

Did somebody say "Spiderman body paint"? hm

No. No you didn't. And you never will again. (tsk)

:roflmao:

Thanks for the posts back. I have only a handful of books that are worthy of MyLites. Are the standard size Mylites = to Current size Polypropylene bags? I guess I can ask Hotflips that question.

I am on the fence about the flip and stick ones and appreciate your comment. I think I will have too much trouble with them.

No - "standard" size Mylites/Mylites are 7 1/4" wide - "current" poly bags are only 6 7/8" wide.

I only use flip & stick bags for books that I'm selling - I'd never use them for any of my own keeper books.

(thumbs u

This is the only way to go. No having to buy "modern" bags, that and you know everything will fit nicely inside a box. (Wait...should that be in the OCD thread?)

Silver mylites/mylites2 are too wide to fit in a regular comic book box, though.

I know that I can probably search for a day and find this but I would love some current answers.

I have only ever purchased supplies once and got the really small bags/boards that I hated because they only fit moderns. After that terrible purchase, I just would purchase single bag/boards for my current stack at my LCS. I no longer have a current LCS and need supplies. I am looking at Hotflips site and would like some advice.

I want to try the flip and stick bags. One description states that the sticky seal is on the back of the bag, not the flap. Is this true and also are the easier than the traditional bags? I am afraid that I will get them stuck to the comic. Has this happened to anyone? Are the traditional bags better and just get 3m tape for easy removal?

Here's the stupid question, I have moderns, coppers, bronzes, 52 and 100 pagers and DC dollar issues. I don't really want a bunch of different size bags. I want one bag and board that fits everything. Which size should I get? Hotflips only has Modern and Silver for the flip bags listed.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi there,

The adhesive part on our bags are on the back of the bag, not the flap. Unless you deliberately put the comic on the adhesive part, your comic should never touch while putting them in. We have Golden Flip-N-Sticks and Magazine ones as well. We really suggest for golden age comics you put them in mylar though (they are worth it).

Any questions, please give me a shout through a PM and we will gladly answer your questions. Thanks,

Jeff

No - "standard" size Mylites/Mylites are 7 1/4" wide - "current" poly bags are only 6 7/8" wide.

I only use flip & stick bags for books that I'm selling - I'd never use them for any of my own keeper books.

I also use the flip and stick bags when I'm selling raw/inexpensive comics. Higher end comics I use mylite2's. Hotflips is the only way to go!!! (thumbs u

I also use the CGC Flip and stick bags for my CGC graded comics and everyone that has purchased slabs from me LOVE them!!

Brian

(thumbs u

Silver mylites/mylites2 are too wide to fit in a regular comic book box, though.

One seller must of had all his comics in mylites2 and some of them don't fit into my comic boxes. I am guessing that they are the silvers.