• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Fun Comics #55 CGC Universal 7.0 with WHITE PAGES (trade/cash preferred)

37 posts in this topic

For right now, I'm looking and hopefully will find a fellow collector who would be interested in a trade/cash deal for this incredible scarce key.

I'm looking for a nice early Cap, MMC, tec, Human Torch, etc. Please PM if you're interested...

P4080005.jpg

For right now, I'm looking and hopefully will find a fellow collector who would be interested in a trade/cash deal for this incredible scarce key.

I'm looking for a nice early Cap, MMC, tec, Human Torch, etc. Please PM if you're interested...

P4080005.jpg

I think you need to post an asking price, per Board rules.....and I hope its close to what you paid when you outbid me on ebay for it a few months ago. :baiting:

P4080005.jpg

I think you need to post an asking price, per Board rules.....and I hope its close to what you paid when you outbid me on ebay for it a few months ago. :baiting:

Ask price: $9,500.00

...as far as what it sold for on ebay, I think that was an absolute fluke and if this book was at a dealers booth at any Con, I'd bet the sticker would be 11-12k, if not more. (shrug)

P4080005.jpg

...as far as what it sold for on ebay, I think that was an absolute fluke and if this book was at a dealers booth at any Con, I'd bet the sticker would be 11-12k, if not more. (shrug)

You won't get any disagreement from me, it was a great deal on ebay. (thumbs u

Good luck with the sale. :wishluck:

P4080005.jpg

You won't get any disagreement from me, it was a great deal on ebay. (thumbs u

Good luck with the sale. :wishluck:

Another Winters book. Did we ever figure out if it was the Band of Brothers Winters?? (shrug)

I don't think we ever did.

Don't be ridiculous. I am tired of speculation that these Winters books were owned by the famous Winters from Band of Brothers.

was training in the army in 1943 and in his 20's. Do you really think he was buying comics and writing his name on the cover at that age? The signature looks to be done by a 10 year old kid who just learned cursive in the 4th grade.

Ridiculous.

Don't be ridiculous. I am tired of speculation that these Winters books were owned by the famous Winters from Band of Brothers.

was training in the army in 1943 and in his 20's. Do you really think he was buying comics and writing his name on the cover at that age? The signature looks to be done by a 10 year old kid who just learned cursive in the 4th grade.

Ridiculous.

Who said that Winters is the one to have written the name? Could it be that it was a store clerk or store employee? Such a "ridiculous" concept :insane:

Ridiculous.

Who said that Winters is the one to have written the name? Could it be that it was a store clerk or store employee? Such a "ridiculous" concept :insane:

Perhaps his mother wrote his name on all his comics while he was away in the service? Or maybe it was Santa Claus?

By the way, I think the name is Nick Winters or even Rick Winters anyway.

Sorry to be babbling in your fine sales thread, that book is awesome with or without mystery 4th grader signature.

Ridiculous.

Perhaps his mother wrote his name on all his comics while he was away in the service? Or maybe it was Santa Claus?

Sorry to be babbling in your fine sales thread, that book is awesome with or without mystery 4th grader signature.

Actually, if you examined the evidence at hand, the case can be made that the books did belong to the real Major Richard Winters. We don't know definitively one way or another, but the evidence is tantalizing to say the least.

Ridiculous.

Actually, if you examined the evidence at hand, the case can be made that the books did belong to the real Major Richard Winters. We don't know definitively one way or another, but the evidence is tantalizing to say the least.

What I do know: These " Winters" books were purchased as a whole from an original owner collection from a gentleman in his early ninety's named Winters who lives in Central Pennsylvania. The Band of Brothers Mr. Winters lives in Central Pennsylvania and is in his early 90's. I'm not saying it's "forensically" certain, but I think the argument can certainly be made. (shrug)

Ridiculous.

What I do know: These " Winters" books were purchased as a whole from an original owner collection from a gentleman in his early ninety's named Winters who lives in Central Pennsylvania. The Band of Brothers Mr. Winters lives in Central Pennsylvania and is in his early 90's. I'm not saying it's "forensically" certain, but I think the argument can certainly be made. (shrug)

Personally, I'd be more interested in knowing why comicsforfun is so angry.

:insane:

That letter is quite clearly a capital D in cursive, not a N nor a R.

Nor was it written by a ten year old. Too many aspects of that sig scream style, especially the T in the last name. They dont teach you that in grade school.

Then again I am not an expert, but I am ridiculous.

That letter is quite clearly a capital D in cursive, not a N nor a R.

Nor was it written by a ten year old. Too many aspects of that sig scream style, especially the T last name. They dont teach you that in grade school.

Then again I am not an expert, but I am ridiculous.

I thought you had to be French to have flair? You, sir, don't qualify and therefore are ridiculous :sumo: