• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Amazing World of DC Comics #1 - 17 -- COMPLETE SET!!! REDUCED!

12 posts in this topic

Hey all...here's a complete run of DC's professionally produced fanzine ("prozine"?) mags from the mid/late 1970s: the aptly titled AMAZING WORLD OF DC COMICS #1 - 17 (produced from 1974 - 1978).

Like many of us, I saw house ads for some of these in various Bronze Age DCs, wanted them all badly, but I never sent away for them, and of course never saw them for sale anywhere else back in the day. This particular run belonged to an old-school DC collector here in Baltimore who started buying every DC title, brand new right off the racks, in the mid-1960s or so, and who received most (all?) of these copies via mail order directly from DC.

There is a wealth of history, information, and insights in these: e.g., interviews with top creators of the day (as well as with many industry legends who were still alive and active at the time), rare reprints, comics stories (all in b&w) that (at the time) had never been published anywhere else, checklists, movie reviews, convention photos, character profiles, unpublished covers and artwork, period photos from the old DC offices in NYC, and lots more! Check out the back covers (below) for a hint of some of the treasures inside!

NOTE: Some of these copies have small pencil or ink check marks on the the "Direct Currents" checklist pages (2-4 pages per issue), which listed all the DC comics on sale during that particular month. The grades assigned below will indicate this with a "w" for "writing".

Here's what you get:

#1 (Fine, w)

#2 (Fine, w),

#3 (VF+, w)

#4 (F/VF)

#5 (VF-)

#6 (Fine-, w)

#7 (F/VF, w)

#8 (VF/VF+)

#9 (LSH issue, VG+, 2" spine split down to top staple, w)

#10 (F/VF)

#11 (F/VF, w)

#12 (VF+, w)

#13 (VF/NM, w)

#14 (Fine)

#15 (Wonder Woman issue, F/VF)

#16 (Fine-)

#17 (Shazam issue, VG)

I'm offering this complete run (all 17 issues, rarely seen for sale as a single lot, at least in my experience) for:

:news:PRICE REDUCED -- $250 shipped and insured in the US.

Scans will follow below. Please note that these just barely fit on my scanner, so if you want more expansive images, please let me know, and I'll send you digital pics instead.

:takeit: rules! PayPal is strongly preferred, but checks & money orders are okay, too!

Thanks for looking!

Best,

Mikey

Nice run!

I'm only missing a few of these myself, good luck on your sale.

I'm surprised they haven't sold yet.

Question...I have a copy of that "Amazing....#1 but it's a mini comic with 5 pages of Neal Adams art in it from an old Comicon.

How does that fit in with this series, if at all?

Nice run!

I'm only missing a few of these myself, good luck on your sale.

I'm surprised they haven't sold yet.

Question...I have a copy of that "Amazing....#1 but it's a mini comic with 5 pages of Neal Adams art in it from an old Comicon.

How does that fit in with this series, if at all?

Hey, thanks. The "Special Edition" #1 was a one-off done as a giveaway for a convention in NYC sponsored by DC back in 1976. I'm pretty sure that it was put together by the same editorial staff as the full-size magazine, but it's not part of the regular series' numbering. The Amazing World of Superman treasury from 1973 pre-dates the first issue of the Amazing World of DC, but also has many similarities to the fanzine (the title and "Amazing World" title logo, a mix of comics and editorial/photo features, etc.).

One more bump and a final price reduction before I consider breaking up the lot:

$250 shipped and insured in the US for the complete set.

Shipping to Canada, Europe and the UK is also possible...please PM me for a quote.