• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help grade this MTU

11 posts in this topic

I've started to go through a box of MTUs that I picked up last weekend.

This looks good to me to go for 9.2 (even with the blunted spine), but I really could use some "outside" help.

Thanks!

Larry

MTU029x.jpg

9.0-9.2 assuming that back cover is clean.

One thing I like about your copy is the fact that there are not too many "pink spots" on the front cover due to the red ink on the first page. Many copies of issue #29 have this problem tongue.gif

Actually, you've discovered a flaw in my scanner.

Apparently, when the gloss/reflectivity is high, the image doesn't capture nearly as well because the light gets bounced back and mis-read.

I usually switch the setting to manual to scan a CGC book, otherwise it appears with a bluish color from the plastic.

Next year (maybe) I'll upgrade the beast.

Larry

Larry,

Is that slightly reddish area between the words Human and Torch, and the area bewteen Iron Man and the Torch actually discolored on the book itself? Or is it light reflecting the nearby reds on the white background from the scanner? My scanner seems to create these hues on white backgrounds that aren't present on the comic.