• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Sixers shock Orlando

103 posts in this topic

Spiderman on tilt... you perplex me...

You claim to be a Sixers fan but you sure dont have much faith in your team or desire to root for them.

My Team (sixers) is such garbage

I really hope you Magic fans underatand that the series was over before it even got started.

Most Philly know the Sixers are a joke and we just laughed because you guys blew game one.

I feel my team shouldnt have even been aloud in the playoffs.

Remember the sixers are the worst team possible in all the NBA playoffs.

You are jumping on the Cavs bandwagon while you still have a team in the playoffs... What is wrong with you?

I dunno if you have been just watching the scores or highlights, but I have seen every game and the Sixers team that I have seen has been battling valiantly, with extremely good play from Andre Miller and Andre Iguodala, and good overall team and defensive play vs an overmatched opponent. The Sixers have been fighting a hell of a fight and all you have been doing is slamming you own (supposed) favorite team. If the guys on your team played like you support them, they would have been swept out of the playoffs already.

Magic will win this series and go even deeper in the playoffs. Will we beat the Cavs? who knows... But we certainly have the capacity to beat them. (we have already done it multiple times this year) All it will take is some championship play.

You claim to be a Sixers fan but you sure dont have much faith in your team or desire to root for them.

I really hope you Magic fans underatand that the series was over before it even got started.

Most Philly know the Sixers are a joke and we just laughed because you guys blew game one.

You are jumping on the Cavs bandwagon while you still have a team in the playoffs... What is wrong with you?

I dunno if you have been just watching the scores or highlights, but I have seen every game and the Sixers team that I have seen has been battling valiantly, with extremely good play from Andre Miller and Andre Iguodala, and good overall team and defensive play vs an overmatched opponent. The Sixers have been fighting a hell of a fight and all you have been doing is slamming you own (supposed) favorite team. If the guys on your team played like you support them, they would have been swept out of the playoffs already.

You're my bud, John, but I have to agree with this. You must either get behind your team or stay in the shadows. This is what creates the stereotype about us Philly fans. I've watched every game and the ride is fantastic. BTW...I don't agree with the Howard suspension, especially since the other players will step up and probably play better ball.

Lookwhoitis has made some astute observations and I commend him for giving this Sixers team the credit they deserve, by making a superior team work as hard as they can for every point. This has been a great series and each game has been a blast.

Good luck in the next round to whoever wins, even if it is the Magic. (thumbs u

Magic will win this series and go even deeper in the playoffs. Will we beat the Cavs? who knows... But we certainly have the capacity to beat them. (we have already done it multiple times this year) All it will take is some championship play.

I am not a die hard Sixers fan.

Of the 4 teams in Philly, the Sixers and Basketball is my least favorite.

I just call it like I see it, the Sixers put a garbage product out on the floor and dont even deserve to be on the playoffs in the first place.

Your Magic should have beaten the Sixers in no less than 5 games. They are playing you guys to tuff for me to consider the Magic anything special.

Why am I rooting for Cleveland?

Here is the answer I hate LA Lakers, and the city of Cleveland deserves a Championship before any other city now that the Phillies won last year.

Their fans are the most under rated die hard fans in the country and they are starving for a parade in that city.

I dont buy into that die hard mentality that my team cant be beat because I root for them or the "I think they can" way, sorry not my style.

Garbage is garbage.

Cleveland SUCKS, pure and simple.

GO STEELERS!

Steeler are definitaly the best francise in the history of the NFL.

Pitt fans are diehard so they deserve to win titles, so why cant my freaking Eagles just win one. :frustrated:

I know why because Andy Reid chokes in big games.

He is 1 for 5 in NFC Championships game where the team should have won 4 out of those 5.

Andy Reid is the BEST AND WORST coach we have ever had.

I just call it like I see it, the Sixers put a garbage product out on the floor and dont even deserve to be on the playoffs in the first place.

Your Magic should have beaten the Sixers in no less than 5 games. They are playing you guys to tuff for me to consider the Magic anything special.

Here is the answer I hate LA Lakers, and the city of Cleveland deserves a Championship before any other city now that the Phillies won last year.

Their fans are the most under rated die hard fans in the country and they are starving for a parade in that city.

I dont buy into that die hard mentality that my team cant be beat because I root for them or the "I think they can" way, sorry not my style.

Garbage is garbage.

Have you even watched any of the games? Or are you just catching the RSS Feed of the hype machine?

Philly has shown great promise in how they have played. They definitely do not suck and have played above and beyond most peoples expectations. And, now, due to the NBA Illuminati pulling the strings to possibly engineer a game 7 for revenue purposes, they may even have a chance to win the series.

Sure Cleveland is a favorite of most and LeBron is a godlike figure, but he is only one man, and I will continue to re-iterate that the Orlando Magic match up very well against Cleveland. We have beat them multiple times this year and can certainly do so in the post-season as well.

Doesnt mean we will... Hell, James might put up 50 a night, but that is why you play the games. But it is certainly far from a done deal... even for the "lowly" Sixers.

I think your comments are off base. Cleveland is not a shoe in. Sixers are not the worst team in the playoffs, and the Magic do not suck because Philly has been playing em close.

The Playoffs are about stepping it up a notch or three. We will see who is left standing after the dust settles.

btw i certainly agree with you about the Lakers being the Ultimate Line of Suckitude, I just think your analysis of the Playoff situation is more bravado and less insight.

Heck, I wont even fault you for being a bandwagon jumper... but I am just puzzled why you cant recognize tha tthe Sixers have actually accomplished a lot in this series, win or lose

Pitt fans are diehard so they deserve to win titles, so why cant my freaking Eagles just win one. :frustrated:

Iggles draft this year was fantastic. Should put em closer to possibly being able to accomplish that goal in the next few yrs

Garbage is garbage.

Have you even watched any of the games? Or are you just catching the RSS Feed of the hype machine?

Philly has shown great promise in how they have played. They definitely do not suck and have played above and beyond most peoples expectations. And, now, due to the NBA Illuminati pulling the strings to possibly engineer a game 7 for revenue purposes, they may even have a chance to win the series.

Sure Cleveland is a favorite of most and LeBron is a godlike figure, but he is only one man, and I will continue to re-iterate that the Orlando Magic match up very well against Cleveland. We have beat them multiple times this year and can certainly do so in the post-season as well.

Doesnt mean we will... Hell, James might put up 50 a night, but that is why you play the games. But it is certainly far from a done deal... even for the "lowly" Sixers.

I think your comments are off base. Cleveland is not a shoe in. Sixers are not the worst team in the playoffs, and the Magic do not suck because Philly has been playing em close.

The Playoffs are about stepping it up a notch or three. We will see who is left standing after the dust settles.

btw i certainly agree with you about the Lakers being the Ultimate Line of Suckitude, I just think your analysis of the Playoff situation is more bravado and less insight.

Heck, I wont even fault you for being a bandwagon jumper... but I am just puzzled why you cant recognize tha tthe Sixers have actually accomplished a lot in this series, win or lose

:frustrated: The Cavs arent my team, I will just be very surpised if they dont make the finals. I am just rooting for them this year.

As for them playing hard, well thats great in all but up and till the Phillies won the WS I was really tired of our city just being good enough to just make the play offs.

Either win or go home.

Best Example is my Philly Eagles, its not about being competitive anymore. That was great 5 years ago, now the only thing that is ok is to finally win the Superbowl.

Oh yea I will add my Flyers to that. Made the Playoffs 14 out of the last 15 years and no S-Cups. They have choked worst than the Eagles in crucial games.

Iggles draft this year was fantastic. Should put em closer to possibly being able to accomplish that goal in the next few yrs

Okay, Neil...something we can disagree on. The Eagles stepped in doggie-doo to have Maclin slipping down to them, with thanks to senile Al Davis. This is an "Iggles" town, but they are the farthest removed team from a title (1960). I gave away my season tickets in the mid-80's.

Andy Reid = Condescending, belligerent blowhard who refuses to conform his offense to suit his players' strong points.

Donovan McNabb = Choking cry-baby who still carries a chip the size of a boulder because a dozen drunken, flunkies booed him at the draft.

Joe Banner = Sniveling weasel who thinks the fans are meaningless spreadsheet numbers and the city should kneel at his feet for stealing our money. We're still waiting for an explanation how Brian Dawkins doesn't get to end his career in an Eagle uniform.

And (inside) special to our local boardies...

Howard Eskin = WIP Radio Eagles apologist who despises success from any other team in town, and has his tongue so far up Reid and Banner's butt he can taste what they eat. He looks exactly like the Burger King guy and immediately hangs up on any caller making a valid point that goes against his beliefs.

Sorry for the rantrant , but the Eagles may go another 50 years without a Championship.

Congrats on the win, Neil. You get to work for another series and I hope more. The Sixers came up lame, but as I said, the suspension of Howard was going to make the entire team pick it up. I actually would have bet on Orlando, but I couldn't sit there and root against the Sixers.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Magic!

I think so many people love to jump on the Lebron bandwagon. He is a GREAT player. A great player on a "good" team. If Lebron ever has a cold night, the Cavs are in serious trouble. Maybe Lebron can carry the team...but I don't think so. Excluding Lebron, the Cavs are not a GREAT team.

The Magic have a GREAT center, with a great overall bench. The Magic don't have a scoring machine like Lebron, but the team is better overall. The Cavs put all of their eggs in one basket.

Unfortunately the Magic have Stan Van Gundy. That guy has to be the worst coach in the league. During the Boston series during the time outs, was any of his players even paying attention to him?

I'm hoping for Orlando Vs Denver in the finals!

Magic!

I think so many people love to jump on the Lebron bandwagon. He is a GREAT player. A great player on a "good" team. If Lebron ever has a cold night, the Cavs are in serious trouble. Maybe Lebron can carry the team...but I don't think so. Excluding Lebron, the Cavs are not a GREAT team.

The Magic have a GREAT center, with a great overall bench. The Magic don't have a scoring machine like Lebron, but the team is better overall. The Cavs put all of their eggs in one basket.

The Magic might have a better starting 5, but they do not have a good bench. lol at JJ Redick. The Cavs will still win the series.

Magic!

The Magic might have a better starting 5, but they do not have a good bench. lol at JJ Redick. The Cavs will still win the series.

What are you talkin' about? JJ Redick is very good. He is generally, reliable. He is one of our three point kings, along with Jameer Nelson, Anthony Johnson and Courtney Lee. Redick is there for a purpose, and he serves that purpose VERY well.

And, I think our bench is better. Howard and Gortat are better than Cavs Illgouskis (I don't even know how to spell his name). Cavs small lineup for long range points is NOWHERE near as good as ours. Their starting five small lineup does not touch our bench small lineup. Really, I don't even know on what basis you would say Cavs have a better bench. (shrug) I think game after game of Lebron carrying the Cavs shows that it is largely a one man operation. The Magic have no choice but to have a great bench because we have no Lebron type player.

As Ive been saying all along, the Magic match up extremely well with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

With tonights win was are 3-1 vs them for the season.

LeBrawn is a godlike figure... but he can't do it all.

Rashard Lewis

Hedo Turkoglu

Mikael Pietrus will continue to out shoot Delonte "Thugaboo" west and Moe Willaims

Courtney Lee will CONTINUE to give inspired play that really makes him shine as one of the best rookies in the NBA this year.

Anthony Johnson will give veteran playoff experience and leadership and also spell Rafer Alston to keep him from shooting the ball himself all of the time.

Dwight Howard (and the rest of the Magic Team) will continue to close the paint off and force LeBrawn to shoot from the outside for the majority of his points.

Van Gundy will self-contain his alter ego of Captain Chaos

And the Magic will Take the Cavs... In 6 :banana:

Unfortunately the Magic have Stan Van Gundy. That guy has to be the worst coach in the league. During the Boston series during the time outs, was any of his players even paying attention to him?

I'm hoping for Orlando Cleveland Vs Denver LA in the finals!

Fixed that for ya... :baiting: