• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #4 - to sign or not to sign?

21 posts in this topic

So I was thinking of taking advantage of the Desert Winds signing. The "rarest" book I have that would fit the bill is a 3.0-3.5 copy of Avengers #4. On my budget I doubt I would thrown down for a better copy but how appropriate / worth it do you guys think would it be to have Stan's sig on it and possibly Joe Simon for Cap's 1st app with the Avengers?

I don't think any collectors SS line would be complete without a book sign by Stan the man just wasn't sure if this was the book to do it on.

There are some collectors that will frown on getting a sig on a high-grade key issue. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone taking issue with a low-grade key getting signed, though.

Anyone who knows me here knows I love low grade signed keys! I say go for it. Since it is for a lower-value book (as far as keys go), do the best to maximize your money. Work it out with Chandler to have him get the book signed by Stan, hold onto it until Joe Simon has a signing, and only get it graded after both have signed. This way, you only pay shipping and insurance once and Chandler has mentioned that he's got a signing with Mr. Simon in the works for later this year.

And just because it doesn't take much of a reason to share...

FantasticFour1.jpg

Also, don't think for too long. If I'm not mistaken, books have to be in by Friday!

There are some collectors that will frown on getting a sig on a high-grade key issue. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone taking issue with a low-grade key getting signed, though.

Anyone who knows me here knows I love low grade signed keys! I say go for it. Since it is for a lower-value book (as far as keys go), do the best to maximize your money. Work it out with Chandler to have him get the book signed by Stan, hold onto it until Joe Simon has a signing, and only get it graded after both have signed. This way, you only pay shipping and insurance once and Chandler has mentioned that he's got a signing with Mr. Simon in the works for later this year.

And just because it doesn't take much of a reason to share...

FantasticFour1.jpg

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

Get it signed!!!!!! If it's a 3, what there to think of, The man's sig will only make the book that much better. GET IT GET IT GET IT !!!!!!

Low-grade Marvel keys + Stan Lee's signature = Sweeeetness to and through..

Im in the same dilema with my TTA 59 its a super bad copy but thinking it would be nice to get stan signing it and maybe A too if he is signing sometime. I say do it and you will not regret it.

Ayers loves to sign that book. Try and get him to do it before Stan does and you'll make him happy. Mine is a bone white 8.0. I suspect yours is MUCH higher grade. (worship)

Im in the same dilema with my TTA 59 its a super bad copy but thinking it would be nice to get stan signing it and maybe A too if he is signing sometime. I say do it and you will not regret it.

Ayers loves to sign that book. Try and get him to do it before Stan does and you'll make him happy. Mine is a bone white 8.0. I suspect yours is MUCH higher grade. (worship)

Anyone have any contacts for D Ayers or know if he is doing signings?

Drakeprimeone..all this talk about getting your book signed convinced me to get my own Avengers 4, Mexican edtiion from 1965 signed as well.. it would actually be the only one on the census..low grade though...still it'll be cool to have joe's and Stan's sigs.. you show yours and I'll show mine (Covers)..when they return..