• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Life Changes...

50 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Make sure you get your mom to a good doctor. There can be MANY reasons for mental confusion other than Alzheimers or dementia, and a good doctor can help you figure out what's going on.

Good luck and hang tough.

John

Make sure you get your mom to a good doctor. There can be MANY reasons for mental confusion other than Alzheimers or dementia, and a good doctor can help you figure out what's going on.

John

Yeah it could have been a CVA or even a brain tumor causes these types of symptoms

John

Yeah it could have been a CVA or even a brain tumor causes these types of symptoms

Yeah, that's why I mentioned getting to the doctor asap, Alzheimer's isn't usually that fast (4 months).

John

Or medication...

John

Or medication...

Yeah, if she's on several meds, a medication washout may be useful.

Sorry to hear that you are getting hit with a storm of big-time troubles at once.

I've been there and know it feels like everything is piling on. However, I know that once I came out of it, I had the greatest years of my life since then. Sometimes it takes a smack to the head to clear out the cobwebs and get priorities in order. Other times, it's just a matter of waiting until things work themselves out.

You've got a positive outlook for these hard times, so I am sure you will be hard. Best wishes in dealing with the struggles your mother will be facing.

Sorry to hear about the troubles.

Hope everything works out for the best as you reorganize your life. Hopefully you will still manage to find some unexpected happy moments among these upsetting times.

Best of luck Thomas!

Real sorry to hear about this Thomas.

My priority would be to be with my mom and children, everything else is secondary.

I personaly have been trying for the last 6 months to get a passport so I can go see my dad. Everyday is torture for me at the moment till I get my passport. Thank goodness for my kids to keep me sane at the moment, or I would have lost it a while ago.

My priority would be to be with my mom and children, everything else is secondary.

I personaly have been trying for the last 6 months to get a passport so I can go see my dad. Everyday is torture for me at the moment till I get my passport. Thank goodness for my kids to keep me sane at the moment, or I would have lost it a while ago.

+1

I personally have been trying for the last 6 months to get a passport so I can go see my dad. Everyday is torture for me at the moment till I get my passport. Thank goodness for my kids to keep me sane at the moment, or I would have lost it a while ago.

So, your wife is secondary?

I personally have been trying for the last 6 months to get a passport so I can go see my dad. Everyday is torture for me at the moment till I get my passport. Thank goodness for my kids to keep me sane at the moment, or I would have lost it a while ago.

Absolutely.

Don't get me wrong, as she is my soulmate and I would not want to be without her but, my kids are my number 1 priority as well as my parents.

Absolutely.

Don't get me wrong, as she is my soulmate and I would not want to be without her but, my kids are my number 1 priority as well as my parents.

Nothing personal or judgmental, but... wow.

Absolutely.

Nothing personal or judgmental, but... wow.

This is a solid case of "blood is thicker than water"...

I for one stand by my wife and kids first - My parents and brothers are distant to me...

But if I was close to them it may be different.