• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THIS BATMAN ARTIST.

41 posts in this topic

hmmm, not sure if you''re taking the pee, it's the right era (having been gotten i think at ukcac'88) but i think i would remember if it was Frank Miller. Despite the comments above i've always liked it cos of the detail. Do you have a link to a similar signature?

I need to ask this, since you are new here, and we are constantly hit with shill accounts returned from the land of the banned: are you serious?

Do you really like the "detail" on this piece?

Why don't you show us some other scans from your sketch book? That might make us feel like you aren't one of the assorted loons that has left only to turn up like a bad penny.

C

Dude, you have problems. Explain yourself, what's up? I joined up for genuine help. I literally have gone blank on who drew this (it was 21 years ago) and figured this was a good idea. What's this about "assorted loons that has left only to turn up like a bad penny", what's up? Sounds like a cracking tale full of intrigue. But really why are you wasting your time badgering me, have you nothing better to do.

If you want other samples from my sketch book search for seller remyhiphop on ebay, i've eight (of many) up, a terrible kevin o'neill of torquemada from nemesis, some other late 80's 2000ad artists (jim bakie doing an alan moore skizz, a pencil of chopper by colin mcneil), a beautiful Mike McMahon of Dredd (that I'm only selling for top dollar, if it doesn't go, it doesn't go, and I wouldn't be selling anyway if I didn't have a full size McMahon of ABC Warriors from 1979 with Mad George of Mars on it)... anyway I've gone on a bit there, I figured chat rooms (first one I've ever joined) would be more about pratling on about the common interest (in this case original comic art) and being a general geek (which I am)...

If you'd like to enlighten me as to the story behind your anger please do.

... and the "detail" (I put it in quotes like you, gonna do bunny ears with my fingers too, did you?) I refer to is the cave, the bats, the bat shadow, the o/s props which is what I first said when I put it up, I've seen a load of batman sketches by famous artists (there's a million on this site) and own a few but none have all this "detail".

If you want to know what I think of the quality of it, well it's clearly done very quick and is therefore a bit mess. Something at the back of my mind remembers being slightly disappointed at the time (I was a kid, long time, many year pass).

Dude, you have problems. Explain yourself, what's up? I joined up for genuine help. I literally have gone blank on who drew this (it was 21 years ago) and figured this was a good idea. What's this about "assorted loons that has left only to turn up like a bad penny", what's up? Sounds like a cracking tale full of intrigue..

There are several folks who have been kicked off of this site. They tend to return under new screen names and post items, questions, and comments just like yours. So it's kind of hard to tell who's who without a little more info.

But really why are you wasting your time badgering me, have you nothing better to do.

You think me asking you a question is badgering you?

You really are new to this site aren't you.

I

f you want other samples from my sketch book search for seller remyhiphop on ebay, i've eight (of many) up, a terrible kevin o'neill of torquemada from nemesis, some other late 80's 2000ad artists (jim bakie doing an alan moore skizz, a pencil of chopper by colin mcneil), a beautiful Mike McMahon of Dredd (that I'm only selling for top dollar, if it doesn't go, it doesn't go, and I wouldn't be selling anyway if I didn't have a full size McMahon of ABC Warriors from 1979 with Mad George of Mars on it)... anyway I've gone on a bit there, I figured chat rooms (first one I've ever joined) would be more about pratling on about the common interest (in this case original comic art) and being a general geek (which I am)...

If you'd like to enlighten me as to the story behind your anger please do.

I don't know where you see anger in my posts. You might see questioning with a skeptical eye given that the board you have chosen to post to is ripe fodder for shill accounts where the same instigators come back over and over to disrupt the joint.

Usually the shills won't post artwork they actually own, so asking someone to post their art is a filter for the real people from the shills. A lot of folks, myself included post a link to some of their stuff in their signature area. It helps to give a little window into their collecting focus.

Best,

Chris

... and the "detail" (I put it in quotes like you, gonna do bunny ears with my fingers too, did you?) I refer to is the cave, the bats, the bat shadow, the o/s props which is what I first said when I put it up, I've seen a load of batman sketches by famous artists (there's a million on this site) and own a few but none have all this "detail".

If you want to know what I think of the quality of it, well it's clearly done very quick and is therefore a bit mess. Something at the back of my mind remembers being slightly disappointed at the time (I was a kid, long time, many year pass).

That's what I was asking. Did you like all the little added details in the piece? or the "detail" of the piece?

The quotes are for emphasis mainly to separate added elements from clearly and precisely drawn detail.

I am not going to rip on anyone's taste if it's something they really like. But as I posted one post up, A piece that is this preliminary in style was the exact type of post that a banned user would post on his return (before being banned again). It would even be Batman, and he would claim it was by Bob Kane.

And he would even use words a lot like yours "this particular piece is a peach and ripe for framing". Which I could not tell from the way your wrote it if you were joking or serious. That is why you got all the questions to see other art and if you really liked it.

Now that the Confusion is out of the way WTTB. (welcome to the board) :foryou:

Best,

Chris

Chris. final question, I put the images on another website, comicartcommunity.com and there's been no response, and now I realize if it wasn't for the warzone here that i'd stumbled into there wouldn't have been any responses here either. can recommend any where else? as I say, I'm sure it was someone of some note, i'd love to be vindicated.

I bet you actually like the sketch now huh? those bats and props and the shadow, huh? huh? go on admit it....