• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Golden Age books.you are going after this year?

75 posts in this topic

I recently finished my Batman run, so I have just been picking key covers. This year I plan to find a copy of Batman 73 in decent shape (any one got one they are willing to part with?). I also hope to pick up a few Captain America's.

Those Arrow covers are great. That was one of the first Golden Age runs I tried to put together. Well worth the effort.

I have a small list for this year:

try to shake the 9.0 Superman #14 free

Seven Seas #4

a better Zoot #11

a better Great #3

Spirit #22

maybe a USA Comics #7 - still my favorite Cap cover.

any 6¢ cover price books - I just think they are cool.

and 1 or 2 things that I'm keeping quiet on, don't want to

jinx the "wheels that are in motion".

I guess to have their own unique angle, there were a handful of books that weren't a nickel, but were actually 6¢ cover price books.

Gerber pictures a few of them.

but I ain't gonna tell you what they all are - they're hard enough to find now. wink.gif

I recently finished my Batman run, so I have just been picking key covers. This year I plan to find a copy of Batman 73 in decent shape (any one got one they are willing to part with?). I also hope to pick up a few Captain America's.

You mean Batman #1 through ???

Sounds like quite an accomplishment! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I hope later in the year when I have money to spend again I will be able to find a Marvel Comics 1 in CGC 5.5 or better condition. I've got my fingers crossed one will show up in Heritage's big summer auction.

Other than that I'm trying to complete a small readers only run of Superman 2-12.

Centaurs.

Also:

All-American Comics 8-15

Whiz Comics 1-20

Wonder Comics #1 (Fox)

Adventure Comics 33-39

But mainly Centaurs, especially those from 1938, and from their precursor, Comics Magazine. I have most of the later issues. Dastardly hard to find some of those earliest copies, and yet quite a few are still priced incredibly reasonably.

Centaurs.

Also:

All-American Comics 8-15

Whiz Comics 1-20

Wonder Comics #1 (Fox)

Adventure Comics 33-39

But mainly Centaurs, especially those from 1938, and from their precursor, Comics Magazine. I have most of the later issues. Dastardly hard to find some of those earliest copies, and yet quite a few are still priced incredibly reasonably.

hi.gif

Comics Magazine 2

Mr. Donut, I already have Comics Magazine #1, #3, and #4. Here's hoping I get yours as well, although I guess I shouldn't be too overt about my interest....ah, whatever, too late. Shill bid me into oblivion! wink.gif

You want my real want list, Mr. Buttock, here's all you need to do:

1) Consult your 2003 Overstreet.

2) Note all books published before 1941 that sell for more than $500 in Gd.

3) Check the CGC census to see how many unrestored copies of those books have been slabbed.

4) If the number is very, very small (or nonexistant), then it's on my list.

THIS MEANS YOU, SILVER STREAK #1!!!!!!!!!!!

As an aside, I can't believe I didn't know these boards existed until today. I hope my boss doesn't notice my massive upcoming productivity drop.