• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Golden Age books.you are going after this year?

75 posts in this topic

Myself: I'll be trying to find and purchase some Centaurs. Such as:Amazing Mystery Funnies, Funny Pages "Arrow covers" as long as their affordible.They are so RARE ! I did purchase a FUNNY PAGES # # 35 this past year in a solid Fine from Superworld "Classic Cover". I love these books when I can find them. Amazing Man also ,to me their precursors to Timelys! cloud9.gif

Mostly Jumbo Comics with Sky Girl stories, but also random Fiction House books, random ECs, and hopefully nothing else will catch my wandering eye. I'd like to put together a nice chunklet of a Jumbo run.

More Fiction House bondage covers thumbsup2.gif

Finishing my Crime Suspenstories run.

Haunt of Fear or Vault of Horror, haven't decided which one.

Maybe some Captain Americas - I know where there are some very nice ones. grin.gif

Hey mephisto,good one,man! 27_laughing.gif Gotta Love the Christmas Spirit! hi.gif

thumbsup2.gif I was hoping someone would find it amusing. Could you imagine trying to stop Murph from getting those SA books he listed and the money it would take to buy up Timley's Timely's 27_laughing.gif. I will be lucky if I get more than 1 or 2 Gold books this year. I hope the guys at Metro aren't upset when the term "The Wheels are in Motion" appears on the boards. It's been coming up so frequently on the boards that I think OverStreet should include in their definitions section of the Price Guide.

A half-dozen Comic Cavalcades (best value in DC Golden Age, IMHO)

A few remaining Flash Comics with Kubert Hawkman art

Any reasonably-priced Quality comics with Fine or Crandall art

A half-dozen Master Comics with Raboy covers/art

...and a couple of long-time wants: GL 30 and All-American #99. But once I saw both of these on Ian Levine's want list, I realized I'd need to be very patient! foreheadslap.gif

Amazing Man also ,to me they are precursors to Timelys! cloud9.gif

Exactly. Love all those Centaurs with Gustavson covers or clean interior art. Much cheaper than Timely issues too.

Myself, I will try to pick up a few more Harvey file copies & another page of N Adams original comic art in 2004. acclaim.gif

Nearmint, Cool Run ! Flash comics ! cool.gif I have a low grade Flash # 8 in my collection,"Classic Shelly Moldoff Cover" That # 10 though is a "KILLER" cover. Best of luck completing your run! thumbsup2.gif