• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Golden Age books.you are going after this year?

75 posts in this topic

This is not the year but next year - 2006 - I SHALL obtain my Cap 75, my Eerie 1 1947 and my Secret Diary of Eerie. I shall also complete my pre-code horror type set. You heard it hear 1st! grin.gif

You'll never get an Eerie 1........buh ha ha ha ha! devil.gif

I hate you. Have I mentioned that lately? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmmmmmmm? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

takeit.gifyay.gif

Incorrigible! hi.gif ::sigh::

I need to find a Top Notch Laugh 35 to complete my Top Notch and Top Notch Laugh run. I wish I would have stopped at the last TN which was #27 but I didn't and I'm stuck with trying to find some really lame issues. Unlike issue 1-27 which were consistantly good reading. Issue #27 had a great Firefly story in it which ended with a "To be continued in the next issue". It never was as Top Notch became Top Notch Laugh a humour title.

I am looking for Whiz Comics, Captain Marvel Adventures, Police Comics and Plastic Man. I am planning on getting the scarce and low distribution issues in grade 6.0 and up. Figure it will take me years to afford the Whiz and CMA 1-10 in decent enough grade but the rest of the CMA, Police and Plastic Man seem to be abundant enough to find in 6.0 up. Except the scarce, of course. Police 102(I have this but really low copy), Whiz 140-155 etc.

Pep #47 and Pep #41. I need #41 complete and in 1 piece. What I have now is a combination of 2 copies and there are still missing pages. The Archie story is complete so that helps.

And I need Pep #42 and #44. Goes to show how difficult Peps of this era are that between us we need 4 of the 7 books from 41-47!

Just trying to finish my Archie collection.

Still need Pep 22 and 23 and Jackpot 9. Someday...

And, as an update, in the past year I have acquired all 3 books listed above cloud9.gif

Only a couple hundred issues left insane.gif

Anything on the cover of the Gerber books. It is my life-long goal now. That and all the Blue Bolt Weird Tales I can get my hands on without breaking my wallet.

Blue Bolts are tough in almost any grade above FN. Usually is a pedigree copy if it is.

Blue Bolts are tough in almost any grade above FN. Usually is a pedigree copy if it is.
Lucky for me I'm looking for them in VG to FN so that I can read them when I'm not being amazed by the stunning LB Cole covers.