• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Using an Ebay "Store Front"?

6 posts in this topic

I have noticed that a few of the forum members use Ebay “Stores” to list their items, therefore, I was hoping that I could get some feedback on their use. For example:

1) Are there a considerable amount of sales through the use of a “store”?

2) Do you have a high percentage of people who buy just from the “store inventory” as opposed to bidding on your auctions?

3) Are there a high percentage of return buyers in the “store”?

4) How prevalent is it that a winning bidder will continue shopping in the store in an effort to save on shipping?

5) Do you find that “store” shoppers buy single items or will they buy multiple items?

6) Is there a methodology to what you choose to auction and what you choose to list in the “store”?

7) Is there a correlation between what is being auctioned and what is inventoried in the “store”? For example, do you auction an Iron Fist #14 and inventory a Power Man and Iron Fist #66 in hopes that they will buy both?

For those that do not use the “store” option:

1) Have you tried and it was unsuccessful?

2) Why do you choose not to use this tool?

These are the questions off the top of my head, if there is any other information that you feel is important please bring it up. Thanks for any information that you may be willing to share. smile.gif

That's what I always wondered. I personally don't sell enough to benefit from a store, but I appreciate it when someone with over 500 items weekly to have the store feature to allow me to do an item search rather than looking at every single item page.

Speaking for myself only, some of the items featured in my eBay store are rather expensive (eg. several thousand dollars). Listing such an item week after week as an auction can be very costly as there are limited #'s of buyers out there who have the ability and desire to make such a purchase. With the store, I can list a $10 item for a month at a nickel or I can list a $5000 item for a month at a nickel. Regular auction listings would be 30 cents for the $10 item and about $6 for the $5000 item. eBay ran a promo 3 months ago and I actually listed all the items in my store for a penny with Gallery for 120 days.

Store listings definitely attract fewer viewers and buyers, but it can make sense with the right items. I had an item that I listed as an auction for $50 no reserve and it failed to sell. I relisted it again the following week at $25 no reserve and it again failed to sell. The 3rd time was the charm. It was relisted in the store at $50 with a buy it now and sold within 3 days. Go figure.

Ted

With the store, I can list a $10 item for a month at a nickel or I can list a $5000 item for a month at a nickel.

VERY interesting and it makes a lot of sense. I am accumulating a number of items I will be putting up on ebay. The store seems a good way to go. When I am ready I may well pursue this.

Ted, thanks for the help. Like PovertyRow I to have been piling up some stuff and had considered using a store, so I wanted some real feedback on it. I have rarely bought items from an ebay "store" and was really unsure if they were worth the $9.95 (?) monthly fee. It is a valid point that you make with regrads to the 5 cent listing fee versus several dollars to auction list a more expensive item.

The only other feedback I had gotten was from someone was outside of the comic book world that uses the store to hold invnetory. This way he keeps track of what he has and can still have it out there for people to see and possibly buy.

Thanks again for the information,

I participated in the 'eBay stores' when they ran it as a free promotion for a few months before they started charging for the service.

1) Are there a considerable amount of sales through the use of a “store”? I had a few sales, but not enough to justify the amount of time I spent preparing the store items. I think my lower starting prices in my auctions may have contributed to this.

2) Do you have a high percentage of people who buy just from the “store inventory” as opposed to bidding on your auctions?

No. When I had the eBay store, the vast majority of my transactions were still auction based - I think I had a 70/30 split with auctions/store items.

3) Are there a high percentage of return buyers in the “store”?

I had a few. They were also return bidders for my auctions as well.

5) Do you find that “store” shoppers buy single items or will they buy multiple items?

When they did buy, I found that it was usually for multiple items.

6) Is there a methodology to what you choose to auction and what you choose to list in the “store”?

I tried to keep them related, but you can divide your items up into customized categories which I think is great. Many of the store items I had were auction 'rejects' which is probably one reason why they didn't sell very well tongue.gif

1) Have you tried and it was unsuccessful?

I tried it, it wasn't totally unsuccessful, but it wasn't worth the time I invested in it. If I did more auctions (over 200 at any one time), I would be tempted to use it.

Hope this helps!