• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New sales forum format..Fun? Not fun?

Fun? Not fun?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Fun? Not fun?

145 posts in this topic

Ok,so a bit of time has passed.... I am beginning to find that the sales forum has become a bit stale.Sure,some folks are having good luck with sales,would have happened anyway.Now I'm seeing an hour pass by with no new posts across the three forums :P . This place used to be bumpin' with fresh sweet threads,now it's just fizzled out. :(

Anybody else care to chime in? Am I alone?

I like the new format. And frankly I don't think it's grown stale. Only seems that way because the threads are broken out.

What has surprised me is that before the break-out I thought there were more BA and older threads than there really were. Now it's clear that Coppers and Moderns rule the Marketplace. Not a bad thing but surprising nonetheless due to the what alot of people here collect...

Jim

It always takes time to accept change. I think the change makes sense as there were a number of complaints about numerous modern threads bumping threads with older books off the front page. By splitting the forum the mods have basically created 2 first pages of sales threads.

I think that it works now as it is. I'm glad that I don't have to trawl through loads of Modern threads to find stuff that I'm interesed in.

I normally don't buy copper or moderns, but before the change would occasionally make a spontaneous purchase. Now I find myself not looking in the copper/modern section at all. It also seems like overall there have been less sales threads since the change.

It just doesn't seem like the quantity or quality is there anymore. It is easier to not be around...., The odds of missing a good deal are fairly slim...., :shrug:

It just doesn't seem like the quantity or quality is there anymore. It is easier to not be around...., The odds of missing a good deal are fairly slim...., :shrug:
I'll do a sales thread this weekend just for you Mike. (thumbs u :baiting:

I'll do a sales thread this weekend just for you Mike. (thumbs u :baiting:
Let me know date and time. Not to say there isn't some good stuff coming up now and then, but it does seem pretty rare. Plenty of goodies in Fay's thread tonight, that I wished I had been lurking for..., :sorry:

I understand & support Arch in his attempt. I still would like to see the forums broken down just a wee bit more like this:

Golden Age

Silver Age

Bronze Age

Coper/Modern Age

I don't care for the Mixed thread: rarely click it and will likely miss a book buried in there. :P

I normally don't buy copper or moderns, but before the change would occasionally make a spontaneous purchase. Now I find myself not looking in the copper/modern section at all. It also seems like overall there have been less sales threads since the change.

+1 to both sentiments. Exactly what I was going to write. (thumbs u

While I like the new format, expanding on it as this point in time would be insane, as the reason it was tossed out in the first place was to deal with the increased VOLUME of sales threads.

This split has more than taken care of it, and we've never had the number of sales posts necessary to support 5-6 sub-forums.

In fact, the change I'd make would be to get rid of the Misc/All-Ages sub-forum, and just separate everything based on era - got a 1970's Mego? Put it in GA/SA/BA, etc. and the only people that would be affected are the very small number of sellers who have threads covering vast eras of books, and I haven't noticed a lot of those lately.

It just doesn't seem like the quantity or quality is there anymore.

Based on what I'm seeing right now in the Gold/Silver/Bronze forum, I'm not sure how you're coming to that conclusion. (shrug)