• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRM Wonder Woman #214

10 posts in this topic

Okay I have been doing my homework. And am seriously trying to learn this stuff. But are the 100 pages different from reg. comics cause of the binding. More pages. So is there a curve, considereing? Also I saw a ebay listing for the same comic going for 50.00 but had a 20 cent price marking on the front page. ????

Please give me feedback on the book?? 3.5 or maybe a 4.0 i was hoping?

Okay I have been doing my homework. And am seriously trying to learn this stuff. But are the 100 pages different from reg. comics cause of the binding. More pages. So is there a curve, considereing? Also I saw a ebay listing for the same comic going for 50.00 but had a 20 cent price marking on the front page. ????

Mary,

100 page comics are the same as other comics in the respect that NM is NM and a GD is a GD. Both regular and bigger books can get the same defects, tears, and marks over time. If you saw a book that looked to have the same cover for 20 cents, then YOU might have a book that has combined old WW stories and used a particular cover picture from one of the older issues (like the one you found on Ebay.)

By the way....3.5

[

Hi Mary! Wonder Woman 214 combines several other Wonder Woman stories from past books in reprint. Wonder Woman 106 (10 cent cover price), Wonder Woman 108 (10 cent cover price), Wonder Woman 143 (12 cent cover), Wonder Woman 144 (12 cent cover) Sensation Comics 26 (10 cent cover) and an original story to round out the book and keep in line with the 12 labors of Wonder Woman story arc that was going on in the Wonder Woman series at that time.

The book you're refering to on ebay has 20 cents in black marker with the 60 cent original price printed on the cover.

Square bound books tend to suffer in grading a bit more than regular bound books in the sense they are so difficult to keep the spine really nice. They have a tendency to split/break and had a tendency to have definite defects from the glueing that made them warp, get wavey, etc. Add in that Wonder Woman 214 has a black cover and you have an even harder time having a nice copy.

Hope this information helps :-)

Overall grade on the books is 3.0/3.5 IMHO. If you'd like to see a pic of a nice 9.2/9.4 copy you can see my copy at:

Wonder Woman 214