• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Holder and water/moisture protection

13 posts in this topic

Well, it happened again. Last week in New York City, we had several days of constant pummeling rain. Of course, the rain was particularly bad, on 2 days when I received priority boxes with nice copies of CGC graded copies of books I purchased from eBay and Heritage When I arrived home, the shipping boxes, did not appear warped, and I can't tell if the rain affected the books themselves.

Does the CGC holder provide effective protection from water/moisture? These were very nice Bronze Age books and I paid $$$$ for them.

Thanks!.

I think in the case of incidental moisture(mailing box gets wet, drink spilt on it etc..) it provides pretty decent protection. But prolonged exposure to water(just ask Gary, Moondog) will result in water finding its way into the inner well on some level, which was designed to not be air, nor watertight due to the off gassing of the comic. And at that point the book should be removed from the slab, if anything to prevent the staples from rusting.

But it sound like this is not the case with your books as the interior of the box was not even wet.

It is probably wise to wrap the bundle of comics to be mailed in a large plastic bag and tape it shut.

I'm hoping that the CGC case does provide protection against incidental moisture. I'm asking, because my daughter decided to take a trip into a spare bedroom where I store my books. I had some high grade CGC books still in their priority mail boxes unopened. Her hands were off course pretty wet. I haven't had a change to open the books to check them out and put them away, but I’m hoping there are no issues. In a situation like this, does anyone think I will have any damage? Or I am being overly concerned?

Thanks!

I'm hoping that the CGC case does provide protection against incidental moisture. I'm asking, because my daughter decided to take a trip into a spare bedroom where I store my books. I had some high grade CGC books still in their priority mail boxes unopened. Her hands were off course pretty wet. I haven't had a change to open the books to check them out and put them away, but I’m hoping there are no issues. In a situation like this, does anyone think I will have any damage? Or I am being overly concerned?

Thanks!

Let me get this straight.

Your daughter touched the outside of the priority box the books were mailed in with wet hands and you are concerned as to whether or not the books got wet?

If that's the case, then the only concern I would have is the damage I might be causing my rectum because I have my arsehole clenched too tight.

Thanks!

Your daughter who had wet hands just touched or handled a couple unopened Priority Mail boxes and you are stressing that somehow a monsoon of water went from her hands through the boxes, then bypassed the packing material and then dripped into 2 layers of plastic to destroy your books, but yet you haven't even bothered to check the books by opening up the boxes yourself. huh? :screwy:

You have time to post this, but you do not have time to go into the other room and check.

I really hope your daughter for her sake isn't being home schooled. :makepoint:

Thanks!

Your daughter who had wet hands just touched or handled a couple unopened Priority Mail boxes and you are stressing that somehow a monsoon of water went from her hands through the boxes, then bypassed the packing material and then dripped into 2 layers of plastic to destroy your books, but yet you haven't even bothered to check the books by opening up the boxes yourself. huh? :screwy:

You have time to post this, but you do not have time to go into the other room and check.

I really hope your daughter for her sake isn't being home schooled. :makepoint:

Get your own schtick.

:taptaptap:

Once he posted the daughter wet hands bit I assumed he was just trolling. It could not be a real concern, could it? He may as well be worried about exhaling.